Owners Larry Martin and Edgar Carlson, who are also behind the chain Sherlock’s Baker Street Pub, will open the British Beverage Co. in the Quadrangle. With doors set to open on October 3oth, Dallas residents will have a new place to hang out, enjoy a beer (or two) and grab some food. With 45 wines and champagnes available daily by the glass, 50 beers on draught, 100 bottled beers, and full service bar, how could you go wrong?
A taste of the menu includes:
- Scotch Egg – Hard-boiled quail egg and English style sausage rolled in seasoned bread crumbs then fried. Served with Branston pickle, horseradish potato, and whole grain mustard.
- Beer Steamed Mussels – Fresh mussels steamed in beer with garlic, sausage, and herb butter.
- Beef Tartar – Served with devilled egg dressing, truffled celery root, rocket greens, and toasted brioche.
- Ploughman’s Lunch – Sliced smoked meat served with cheese, gherkins, whole grain mustard, Branston pickle, fresh fruit and country bread.
- BBC Burger - Grilled ground beef with bleu cheese and onion marmalade. Served on a toasted croissant bun.
- Mulligatawny Soup - Curried lentil soup with chicken, rice, and Greek yogurt.
- Pie Trio - Three traditional British pies. Shepherd’s Pie, cottage pie, and chicken and mushroom pie.
- Bangers and Mash - Two grilled Cumberland sausages with smashed potatoes and red wine onion gravy.
- Herb Brioche Crusted Fish & Chips – Herb brioche crusted Halibut, pan seared. Served with malt vinegar and Yukon Gold fries.
- Potato Crusted Fish & Chips –Cod or grouper coated with shredded potatoes and fried. Served with zucchini fries.
The British Beverage Company will be a great addition to the Quadrangle and Uptown. See you there?