Food Tours of America announced that they will be begin Walking Food Tours in Uptown on Mckinney Avenue and West Village. These food tours will last approximately 2.5 hours with brief, scenic walks between tastings. The Uptown Dallas Food Tour offers participants an insider’s view of Dallas’ most pedestrian-friendly areas with a special focus on the best local cuisine – from down home favorites and Tex-Mex specialties to made from scratch desserts. In addition to generous tastings at several hand-picked eateries, each fully-narrated walking tour includes historical attractions and anecdotes as guides share the stories behind each locale.
Uptown Dallas Food Tours will begin on June 9, 2012 and occur each Saturday and Sunday and some weekdays. Tours will be limited to 16 people each so each group doesn’t get too big.
- Time: Tours start late morning to early afternoon. Check schedule & availability
- Duration: Approximately 2.5 hrs.
- Cost: $45 plus tax. Ages 12 and above.
- Included: Food, beverages, and local historic and cultural attractions.
- Capacity: Up to sixteen people per tour.
- Private Events: Custom tours are available for any size group.
- Wear: Comfortable walking shoes, casual clothing and sunscreen.
- Weather: Tours are held in all weather conditions- rain, shine, heat, or snow!
- Meet: McKinney Ave. in Uptown. Minutes from downtown hotels and convention Center.