Holiday baking is in full swing at my house. We’re on the final countdown til Christmas which means there is a lot of shopping, a lot of baking and no sleep happening in our house. Since it’s such a busy time of year for me and everybody I know, I like to make lots of desserts and give them out to neighbors, friends and strangers. The most simple act of kindness goes a long way (especially this time of year).
I’ve been making these simple Reindeer brownies for year. I love them because you can make them as simple or elaborate as you want. If you have time, whip them up from scratch or make them straight from the box. No matter how they’re made, they’re always delicious.
Here’s the simple recipe for Reindeer Brownies which makes one 9×13 pan. Once you have made the pan, you can cut the individual brownies as large or small as you want.
- 2 boxes of brownie mix
- 1 container of chocolate fudge frosting
- 1 package of small edible eyes
- a small bag of M&M’s, red picked out
- 1 bag of mini pretzels
- 1 sheet of parchment paper, long enough to come about the sides about 2 inch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Follow the directions on the back of the brownie box to make the brownies
- Once brownies are baked and cooled, open the container of frosting and peel back the foil
- Place container of frosting into the microwave on increments of 20 seconds until slightly melted
- Pour frosting onto cooled brownies and spread using a rubber spatula.
- Once brownies have been frosted place into the fridge for 30 minutes
- After the 30 minutes, remove brownies from the pan and cut into bars
- Place 1 pretzel on each top corner for the Antlers
- Place two eyes under the pretzels
- Place a red M&M into the center for his nose