Make a Wish Foundation celebrates “World Wish Day” by granting 7 wishes.
“We are granting 7 wishes throughout North Texas to celebrate World Wish Day and highlight the hope, strength and joy that Make-A-Wish brings children every day,” said Scotty Landry, Make-A Wish North Texas President and CEO. “We encourage people to join in the celebration and help us reach every eligible wish child in North Texas.”
Make-A-Wish North Texas Wish Celebrations:
- Maggiano’s Little Italy at NorthPark Center in Dallas will host a send-off lunch for Cody, age 14, and his family on April 25, 2012 before the family heads to California for Cody’s wish to go to the L.A. Galaxy vs. F.C. Dallas Game on April 28, 2012.
- Sky Helicopter will make a special flight over to Tyler on April 30, 2012 to present Forrest, age 16, with helicopter lessons for the aspiring pilot.
- The city of Mason will put together a town rally on April 22, 2012 in celebration of local teen, Jacob, and his wish to go to Hawaii.
- El Paso’s cars, planes and trains enthusiast, Angel, age 3, will see his brand new “Transportation” bedroom makeover on April 29, 2012.
- Sarah, age 5, will arrive by horse and carriage for a Disney themed celebration in Amarillo on April 22, 2012 before she leaves to go to the Walt Disney World® Resort to meet her favorite character, Rapunzel.
- Caleb, age 12, will set eyes on his brand new custom clubhouse on April 30, 2012 in Wolfforth.
- Arlington native, Mariah, age 10, will live like a princess when she sees her royal bedroom reveal on April 21, 2012
Make-A-Wish will mark World Wish Day with celebrations throughout the United States and in the 47 other countries in which it operates by celebrating the wishes being granted on that day. Make-A-Wish grants the wishes of children with a life-threatening medical condition approximately every 23 minutes somewhere in the world.