Fourth of July is a great day to spend outside next to the pool with a drink in hand. Here are some fun, holiday themed cocktails to enjoy!
Fourth of July Cocktail
- 1 ounce watermelon schnapps
- 1 big splash cranberry juice
- 1 very thin slice jalapeno or serrano pepper
- 1 slice lemon
- 1 slice lime
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila
- 1/4 ounce blue curacao
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- Watermelon wedge, for garnish (optional)
- Mix the schnapps and cranberry juice in a shaker; pour into an ice-filled glass.
- Muddle the jalapeno pepper, lemon and lime slices, tequila, blue curacao and simple syrup (to make a batch, dissolve sugar in equal parts hot water and chill) in the shaker.
- Slowly strain into the glass over the red layer.
- Garnish with watermelon, if desired.
Red, White, and Blue Sangria
- Strawberries, sliced
- Pineapple, cut into star shapes (use cookie cutter)
- 2 bottles dry white wine
- 1 cup Triple Sec
- 1/2 Cup berry-flavored vodka
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- Combine the ingredients in a large pitcher and stir.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least four hours.