Dallas goes to Nashville for the 2013 CMA Awards
Disclosure: This post is sponsored. I was sent to to Nashville to experience the CMA Awards. All opinions are my own.
Blogging has brought a lot of fun and even more adventure in to my life that I could have ever expected. I started almost 5 years ago with a mission to write about awesome thing to do in Dallas. I’ve not only accomplished that but I have had the opportunity to make relationships with brands and businesses throughout the country and help them tell their story.
Where were the CMA Awards held at? Was it sold out?
- The Bridgestone Arena was the venue for the CMA awards. I’m not sure if the event was sold out but there were barely any empty seats. Seriously, why wouldn’t the CMA Awards be sold out?
What goes on during commercial breaks at the CMA Awards?
- Being in the live audience was such a treat. I have never really realized (or thought) about what goes on at the awards during the commercial break. There was a bunch of movement, people being moved from one location to another, props being set up, and lots of hard working people doing everything they could to make sure the show would go on with no hiccups.
What do people wear to the CMA Awards?
- On the paperwork I received, the dress attire said Business/formal attire was required. I was kind of in freak out mode about what to wear but being the procrastinator that I am, I waited til the last minute to even think about what I was to wear. We ended up even going to a mall the first day in Nashville trying to find me the perfect outfit. I thought I needed to wear a really nice, formal dress which was opposite of what I packed. I ended up wearing a one shoulder, orange dress from Nordstroms with a pair of Corral cowboy boots. Even though the attire said business /formal attire required, I saw some people in jeans and a nice blouse while other ladies were wearing long formal dresses that probably cost the same amount as a small car. It was mixed crowd.
Who was the best performer?
- As much as I could say one stood out more than another, unfortunately I can’t. I was completely surprised that every single performer sounded amazing live. I can say that I was extremely giddy when George Strait and Tim McGraw performed. I grew up listening to both of them so it was a special treat.
Did the serve alcohol at the event?
- Absolutely, there were full bars available so you could order any thing that you want. There were even concession stands open to grab some food, if you were hungry. I did enjoy seeing women dressed in ball gowns eating chicken strips from the concession stand.
How were the CMA awards after parties?
- The honky tone area wasn’t nearly as crazy as I was expecting it to be. Don’t get me wrong, it was crowded, I was just expecting the bars to be over flowing with customers. There were a few of the bigger parties that I didn’t even try to get in to because it was raining out side and the last thing I wanted to do was get my hair wet (priorities, people!)
Any celebrity sightings?
- While we were at Tequila Cowboy after the awards listening to a guy sing a few Tracy Lawrence songs, out of no where Tracy Lawrence jumps on stage and starts singing with him. I think the best part about it was that no one had any idea he was even there and the next thing you know, he is on stage singing to us all. He was nice enough to take pictures with a few people afterwards before he left. I was one of the lucky people, here I am with Tracy Lawrence.