The first time I heard of Air Fryers, I instantly thought that there was no way this small appliance could make such amazing recipes. I heard of people making steaks, french fries and all types of desserts. How in the world was it possible?
Because I was curious, I had to get an air fryer for myself and see if it was really as amazing as every body said it was. The short answer is yes, it is amazing and I would recommend it! I’ve made all types of Air Fryer Recipes and I haven’t had a bad one yet.
The great thing is that you can really make anything you want in the Air Fryer so we explored and made something that I thought I could only dream of – Air Fryer Oreo Donuts.
If you love Oreos, these are right up your alley with tons of flavor and all the cookies you could ever want topped on a delicious donut. Now let’s get baking!
Air Fryer Oreo Donuts
- 2 tbsp. butter – room temp
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 large egg yolks – room temp
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. milk
- 1 tbsp. butter – melted
- 8-10 Oreos crumbled
- In a large bowl press together with your hands the butter and sugar until crumbly.
- Add the egg yolks and stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl you need to sift the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Begin to add 1/3 of the flour and half the sour cream to your sugar mix.
- When well combined add another 1/3 of the flour and 1/2 the sour cream.
- Add the remaining 1/3 flour and mix to combine
- Lightly flour the a cutting board then roll-out the dough about 1 inch thick.
- Cut large circles, then a small circle out the centre to create a doughnut shape.
- Preheat your air fryer to 360′ degrees
- Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Set to the side
- Prepare your icing and crumbled Oreos
- Place 8-10 oreos in a zip loc bag.
- Crush the Oreos using a rolling pin
- Set to the side
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, vanilla, melted butter & milk together.
- Once the donuts have cooled down frost the tops of the donuts.
- Add the Oreo crumbs
- Serve and eat hot.
Looking for more Air Fryer Recipes? Don’t Miss our Article with over ONE HUNDRED AIR FRYER RECIPES