Beginning Friday, October 25th, patrons can experience Chef Graham Dodds’ Fall menu with the best autumn offerings from local farms. “Autumn is one of my favorite times of year, so my new menus not only highlight a variety of seasonal Texas ingredients and meats, but also bring in flavors inspired by my memories of fall from across the U.S. and abroad,” says Chef Dodds. “
Fall Dinner Menu
Among the new features on Chef Dodds’ dinner menu:
- Franconia Wheat Braised Dorper Lamb Shoulder with Fine Herb Pappardelle + Eggplant Caponata
- Florida Hog Snapper with Artichokes, Grapes + Ajo Blanco
- Veal Breast with Hokerei Turnips, D’avignon Radish + Celery Leaf Pistou
- Dry-Aged Duck with Quince, Lentils du Puy + Crème Fraiche
- Berkshire Pork Chop with Sunchoke Gratin, Asian Pear, Nueske’s Bacon + Endive
- Handmade Trompetti with Nicoise Olives, Mushrooms + Piperade
- Countryside Farms Rabbit with Castelfranco + Mascarpone Polenta
Chef’s popular Oxtail Ragout prepared with crispy gnocchi and basil pesto is also making a comeback for the fall menu,along with the Windy Meadows ChickenBreast, Cast Iron Ribeye and Louisiana Redfish dishes.
New fall starters at Central 214 include:
- Littleneck Clams with Melted Leeks, Bacon + Matsutake Mushrooms
- Duck Egg Yolk-Ricotta Raviolo with Pecan Balsamic Brown Butter
Signature favorites like the Scotch Egg and Popcorn Sweetbreads will remain on the menu, along with the St. David’s Raclette with Yukon Gold Potatoes and Mocetta.
Among the fall salad offerings:
- Delicata Squash with Fromage Blanc, Sage + Zip Code Honey
- Shaved Celery Root, Fuji Apples + Pine Nuts (a Central 214 seasonal favorite, brought back for the new menu)
Diners can also still enjoy the Baby Lettuce, Tom’s Arugula and Dinosaur Kale salads.
Diners are sure to save room for one of Chef Dodds’ delicious new fall desserts:
- Apple Cider Glazed Sweet Potato Donuts, Apple Butter + Mascarpone Cream
- Sticky Toffee Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce
- Cajeta Budino with Chile de Arbol Shortbread + Sea Salt
- Poudine Chomeur (recognized as one of the top 100 desserts in the country, this tasty treat is making acomeback for the fall menu)
Chef Dodds is also updating Central 214’s lunch, breakfast and weekend brunch menus for fall, adapting similar dishes and flavor profiles from the dinner menu, along with lighter offerings.
Fall Cocktails & Bar Specials
Central 214 mixologist Amber West’s new craft cocktails perfectly complement Chef Dodds’ menus, prepared with the best in spirits and locally sourced ingredients:
- Mulled Shine Wine – Bartender’s choice of red wine and brandy mixed with Catdaddy Spiced Moonshine, orange zest, ginger, Chef Dodds’ honey, and favorite fall spices of cinnamon, star anise, clove, all spice. Served warm.
- Apple of my Eye — Muddled apples, pumpkin and nutmeg-infused vodka, Gran Classico, Lemon, spiced syrup. Served in a martini glass with a garnish of dried apple.
- Harvest 86 — Cana Brava Rum, cinnamon apple cider vinegar, blackstrap molasses, and allspice dram, and topped off with Amber’s with housemade cider.
Central 214 is also offering Autumn Double Happy Hour specials from 5pm to 7pm and 10pm to midnight, Monday through Friday. Available at Central 214’s bar or courtyard patio, the Double Happy Hours feature $8 cocktail specials and $5 Texas wine and draft beers.
For more information on Central 214 or to view the new menus in full beginning Friday, please visit www.central214.com.