The Crock pot is one of my all time favorite appliances. There is something so magical about throwing everything in the pot and coming back to it hours later with a complete delicious meal.
We live in a fast paced world so any chance I get to save on time, I am all over it which is why I love using the crock pot. You can make anything in the crock pot whether it be an overnight breakfast, a tasty dessert or meat for any meal.
With a hungry toddler, I’m always looking for new recipes and one that I find myself making time and time again is Crock Pot Italian Beef Subs. These subs are full of flavor and is made with barely any effort in the crock pot. They’re delicious any time of the year and it’s a crowd pleaser!
Crock Pot Italian Beef Subs
- 4 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 32oz beef broths
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 package of Italian dressing seasoning pack
- 1 12 oz jar sliced pepperoncini
- 1/2 onion sliced and cooked
- 10 sandwich rolls
- 20 slices Provolone cheese
- Spray the insert of your slow cooker with cooking spray for easier cleaning.
- Drain the pepperoncinis and set to the side
- Keep 1/4 cup of the pepperoncinis for garnish
- Place the roast in the slow cooker.
- Pour your beef broth on top of the roast
- Add your pepperoncinis and lightly stir into the broth.
- Sprinkle the remaining of the seasonings on top and in the broth.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 5 to 6 hours.
- Once cooked use two forks to shred the beef.
- Using a pair of tongs place the shredded beef, and onions the rolls.
- Drain the broth from the beef so your sandwiches don’t get soggy.
- Top the beef with additional pepperoncinis.
- Top with two (or more) slices of Provolone cheese.