Spring is finally starting to come around and now is the time to get your kids outside. Take them by the hand and gather your crafting supplies! The crafts I’m going to share with you will give you dozens of reasons to enjoy all that the outdoors have to offer! Put on your shoes and let’s get started!
Photo Credit: “A is for Ant” by Eating Richly
Food crafts are my favorite! They are sometimes called “edible crafts” because the basic premise of them is to create a craft you can eat. At Eating Richly, today is the letter “A”, and it’s for “Ant”! With a handful of raisins your little one can make these adorable little ants on their plate! It’s a healthy snack, a cute visual lesson, and an edible craft all in one! What could be better than that? Learn more about this cute edible craft.
Photo Credit: “Ladybug Tic Tac Toe” by Chicken Scratch NY
I fell in love with this Ladybug Tic Tac Toe project from the moment I saw it. That tree slice is gorgeous! I want a tick tac toe board, checker board, chess, sorting bin, chalkboard, and anything else you can create with a tree slice! Call me obsessed, but can you blame me? Chicken Scratch NY‘s tic tac toe board is stunning!
Photo Credit: “Rock Garden Caterpillar” by Nellie Bellie
Display your own Rock Garden Caterpillar on shelf or in the garden, but there’s another great use for this cutie — in a busy bag! Use rocks that are somewhat smaller than what is shown in Nellie Bellie‘s tutorial. Paint, decorate the face, and add antennae as directed. Just skip gluing the body so your child can build his/her own caterpillar! Once your project is completely dry, toss the stones into a small draw-string bag with a tag! Save it for your next butterfly life-cycle lesson, toss it into your diaper bag/purse for on-the-go play, OR keep it handy in your playroom.
Photo Credit: “Stick and Leaf Butterfly Craft” by Artsy Craftsy Mom
Spring is all about being out in nature, especially after we have all been stuck in the winter that never ends for the past five months! The Artsy Craftsy Mom has a spring craft that will get you excited to see those green leaves! Have your child(ren) collect a few leaves and small twigs after lunch. Then gather together on a blanket or your craft table to paint marker this colorful Stick and Leaf Butterfly Craft!
Photo Credit: “Butterfly Finger Knitting“ by Red Ted Art
I have seen a lot of really cool finger knitting projects before, but I never thought about using the technique to create a craft like this! Aren’t they adorable? These beautiful finger knitted butterflies are so cute I can picture them as the topper to a homemade princess wand or glued to a canvas and displayed in any room in the home. Watch how to teach your children how to finger knit their very own butterflies.
40 Cute Critter Crafts for Kids
Looking for MORE adorable critter crafts? Click on the links below to read the tutorials for more than forty cute critter crafts! Please leave a comment letting my friends know you found them at The Dallas Socials!
- Paracord Dragonfly by Red Ted Art
- Stick and Leaf Butterfly Craft by Artsy Craftsy Mom
- Paper Towel Butterfly by Hustle Mom Repeat
- Bug Magnets by The Country Chic Cottage
- Stick Bug by Mom Endeavors
- Butterfly Finger Puppets by Or So She Says
- Toilet Paper Roll Mini Beast by Red Ted Art
- Toilet Roll Butterfly by Look Were Learning
- Critter Cave by Mama To 6 Blessings
- Rock Garden Caterpillar by Nellie Bellie
- Paper Towel Butterfly by Skip To My Lou
- Pipe Cleaner Snail by Artsy Craftsy Mom
- Button And Pipe Cleaner Caterpillar by Coffee With Us 3
- Thumbprint Bug Art Flower Pot by Mom Always Finds Out
- Butterfly Button Art by Or So She Says
- Pinecone Butterfly by Inspiration Made Simple
- Easy Paper Butterfly by Red Ted Art
- Egg Carton Caterpillars by Skip To My Lou
- Candy Butterflies by Mom Endeavors
- Craft Stick Dragonfly by Artsy Craftsy Mom
- Butterfly Straw Shooters by Inspiration Made Simple
- Ladybug Tic Tac Toe by Chicken Scratch NY
- Popsicle Stick Lizards by Mama To 6 Blessings
- Bumblebee Garden Stake by Coffee With Us 3
- Butterfly Finger Knitting by Red Ted Art
- Lady bug Hotel by Pink Fortitude
- Crepe Paper Butterfly by Artsy Craftsy Mom
- Ladybug Whimsy by Mainly Homemade
- 3D Paper Lady Bug by Crafting Reality
- Green Bug Slime by Mom Luck
- Bottle Cap Lady Bug Magnet by Suburbia Unwrapped
- Golf Ball Lady Bug by Turning the Clock Back
- Toilet Paper Roll Dragonfly by Red Ted Art
- Hungry Caterpillar Craft by Artsy Craftsy Mom
- Coffee Filter Ladybug by Look were Learning
- Homemade Sidewalk Chalk by Finding Zest
- Upcycled Herb Planter by Pillar Box Blue
- A is for Ant by Eating Richly
- Accordion Fold Paper Butterfly by Artsy Craftsy Mom
- Handprint Butterfly by A Mom’s Inspiration
BONUS Worksheets & Recipes:
- Find The Bugs Worksheet by Aimee Geroux
- Bug Theme Pom Pom Match Game (Worksheet) by Artsy Craftsy Mom
- Peanut Butter Bumble Bees Recipe by Eating Richly
- Ladybug Dirt Cupcake Recipe by Arts and Crackers
- Tangerine Butterfly Snack by Eating Richly
Disclaimer: Never use blogger photos without permission. Links were submitted by blog owners/representatives and are being used in accordance to the group rules.