This Easter, I’m getting extra creative and breaking out of my shell. Instead of bringing boring cookies, I’m adding some fun to the holiday treats by making little Easter chicks out of Nutterbutter Cookies. Make these cookies your own by adding extra icing or bows. The kids will have so much fun making these chicks their own.
Easter Chick Nutterbutter Cookies
- 1 package Nutterbutters
- 1 bag of yellow candy melts
- 1 container of white sparkling sanding sugar
- 1 container of yellow sparking sanding sugar
- 1 package of small edible eyes
- 1 tube of orange cookie icing
- 1 package of wilton flower transfers
- 1 disposable piping bag fitted with a number 68 tip
- 3-6 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, pour both sanding sugars into it and mix until combined, set aside
- Using a double boiler, melt the yellow candy melts until smooth
- Mix in the coconut oil to thin it out.
- Dip the nutterbutter into the yellow candy melt.
- Using a fork carefully pick up the nutterbutter and tap the edge of the pot to get rid of excess chocolate
- Hover the nutterbutter over the bowl of sprinkles and scoop some sprinkles onto the nutterbutter to coat it
- Carefully and slowly tap the edge of the bowl to get rid of excess sprinkles
- Place onto the cookie sheet
- Repeat steps with remaining nutterbutters
- Dip the back of the royal icing flower into the remaining chocolate and place into the left corner of the nutter butter
- Dip two eyes per nutterbutter into the chocolate and place onto the nutterbutters
- Squeeze the orange icing into the piping bag and pipe a ‘beak’ under the eyes
- Let dry for an hour before enjoying!