Once Summer turns in to Fall, I find myself cooking tons of skillet recipes. I don’t know if it’s the time of the year, the ingredients I’m using or maybe even the ease of using a cast iron skillet but I’m obsessed. I’m up for anything that will make life easier. Fall and Winter is my favorite time to cook because I love all of the recipes and ingredients available during those times of the year.
I recently discovered a delicious chicken pasta recipe that is easy to make and works perfectly in the skillet all while using fresh ingredients. You can’t beat that!
Let’s get started with this Easy Chicken Pasta Skillet
- 1 box of Penne pasta
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chopped squash
- 1 cup of chopped eggplant
- 1 cup of sliced mini peppers
- 1 cup of diced yellow and red mini tomatoes
- 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. of Lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. of Crushed red pepper
- 3 Tbsp. of Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of minced lemon balm
- Cook your pasta as directed and set to the side
- Dice your chicken into small chunks
- In your skillet add your oil and chicken sprinkle with 1/2 of your lemon pepper seasoning and cook until done
- Add your vegetables ( not the can ) to your chicken and cook until tender
- Add your can of fire roasted tomatoes and begin to add your cooked penne.
- Toss to combine
- Garnish with the rest of your lemon pepper, crush red pepper and Lemon balm