I had the amazing opportunity to attend the Ford Trends Conference in Detroit, Michigan. I joined a few of my favorite Dallas bloggers and ventured to Ford headquarters to learn all about what they’re up to, where they are going and what the future holds for this brand. I had the chance to listen to game changers and learn from the best in their market, as well as go inside a little deeper with Ford and learn what they are truly all about.
I am lucky enough to get the chance to drive Ford vehicles throughout the year and learn about their new products but actually going to Detroit and seeing their headquarters, listening to their executives and meeting innovators was a complete game changer for me.
There were many different experiences throughout the short three days of my trip that I loved and I will talking about them throughout the next couples weeks on the blog. One of my favorite part of the trip was going inside the Ford F150 factory. Anybody is able to go on the tour, you just have to buy tickets!
Ford Rouge Factory Tour is a self-guided five-part experience that includes: Legacy Theater, Art of Manufacturing Theater, Observation Deck, Dearborn Truck Plant and the Legacy Gallery. Theater seating is limited to 79 guests per show; shows run continuously until 4:00 PM and are seated on a first come first serve basis.
- Legacy Theater: Learn about the triumphs and tragedies surrounding the Rouge, much of it told through rare, never-before-seen historic footage. (Approximate time: 13 minutes)
- Art of Manufacturing Theater: A multi-sensory theater experience including a 360-degree look at how automobiles are made! (Approximate time: 14 minutes)
- Observation Deck Tour: View the ground-breaking living roof from our 80-foot-high Observation Deck. (Variable time: 5-15 minutes)
- Assembly Plant Walking Tour: See where the new Ford F-150s are assembled in a lean and flexible manufacturing plant. Visitors will have the opportunity to view the final assembly process from an elevated walkway. (Variable time: 30-45 minutes)
- Legacy Gallery: View five historic vehicles made at the Rouge, hop in a new F-150, and visit our Factory Store.
One of the beginning parts of the tour, you will get to see the Living Roof. At 454,000 square feet, it is one of the largest living roofs in the world, effectively turning the roof into a 10.4-acre garden. This can be seen at the observation deck.
I could have spent all day inside the tour. Every aspect of the tour completely fascinated me.
I loved being able to see the factory workers putting the Ford F150 together piece by piece and seeing a robot check the seams of the truck to make sure they are absolutely perfect.
If you get a chance, this is a tour that you won’t want to miss. I learned so much while on the tour and it gave me a new appreciation for all cars and trucks! I never thought about how they were made and how much work each vehicle takes. It’s great for all ages, be sure to check out their FAQs before booking your trip.