- 4 tbsp softened butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1-2 tbsp water
- corn starch for rolling dough in
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Ice Cold Water
- 1 cup Self Rising flour
- 2 tbsp Confectioners Sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together light brown sugar, sugar and butter. While mixing, add vanilla and 1 tbsp of oil, followed by slowly adding the 1/2 cup flour.
- Add salt, followed by second tbsp of oil. The dough may be dry and crumbly. While mixing, slowly add enough water to give the dough a moist but not overly wet consistency.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Remove from mixer and roll dough between your palms into ping pong size balls. Roll in corn starch, shake to remove excess flour.
- With a fork, mix together egg and water.
- Add flour and sugar to egg and water mix.
- Dip cookie dough balls in batter, make sure that the dough is completely covered in batter so that they won’t leak out dough when frying.
- Using a slotted spoon or mesh spider quickly place 3-4 at a time in 375 F oil for 1 and a half to 2 minutes minutes until golden brown on the outside.
- Serve in paper trays and top with chocolate sauce and powdered sugar.