Deep Fried Butter Recipe
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Peanut oil, for frying
- Cream the butter, cream cheese, salt and pepper together with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Using a very small ice cream scoop, or melon baller, form 1-inch balls of butter mixture and arrange them on a parchment or waxed paper lined sheet pan.
- Freeze until solid.
- Coat the frozen balls in flour, egg, and then bread crumbs and freeze again until solid.
- When ready to fry, preheat oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Fry balls for 10 to 15 seconds until just light golden.
- Drain on paper towels before serving.