Deep Fried Pickles Recipe
- 24 dill pickle spears, chilled
- Egg wash, recipe follows
- Breading, recipe follows
- Canola oil, for frying
- Ranch dressing, recipe follows
- Using only very cold dill pickle spears, dip pickle into egg wash and then coat with breading. Repeat until no pickles remain, and arrange dipped pickles on a sheet pan lined with waxed paper. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- In a deep fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees F. Alternatively, heat oil in a large, heavy pot suitable for deep-frying.
- Carefully add chilled pickle spears, in batches, to the hot oil and fry for about 3 1/2 minutes or until golden.
- Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Serve with Ranch Dressing.
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- Pinch lemon pepper
- Pinch dill weed
- Pickle juice
- 2 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup lemon pepper
- 1/2 cup dill weed
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste
For egg wash: In a baking dish, whisk all ingredients together, except pickle juice. Add pickle juice, to taste, and whisk to combine.
For breading: Combine all ingredients in a baking dish.
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
In a large mixing bowl, stir all ingredients together, except mayonnaise. Add mayonnaise, as needed, to thicken. Refrigerate until ready to serve.