It’s the most wonderful time of the year. I binge watch movies like Elf, play Christmas music all of November and December and indulge in all the sweets that I can get my hands on. One way that I’ve found that I don’t eat as many sweets this year is when I actually bake them. I know that sounds crazy but when I’m the one doing the cooking, I don’t usually eat a lot of what I’m making.
I love to make treats for family, friends and neighbors. Baking is one of my all time favorite things to do, especially in the winter because of the endless possibilities of sweets to make. One treat that I used to always avoid was sugar cookies. For whatever reason, I was put off by the amount of work that went along with making the dough perfect. I attempted to make sugar cookies over 10 years ago and they turned out horrible. Ever since that batch, I avoided it. As the years went along, I would find tons of sugar cookie recipes that I wanted to make but would never attempt at making them. Well, I got over my fear and decided to give it another try. Good news – they aren’t nearly as scary (or hard) as I remembered.
I’ve made some delicious Holiday Sugar Cookies that everybody loves. These are perfect to make in large quantities and take to parties or holiday events.
Holiday Sprinkle Cookies
Makes 3 dozen cookies
- 3 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C soft unsalted butter
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1 bag of Hershey Kisses
- 1 container of shimmery edible pearls
- Cream the soft butter with the sugar until the combination is smooth not grainy to the touch in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs. Continue to mix.
- Add the vanilla. Continue mixing.
- Sift the four, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
- Continue mixing to make sure all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Take a small ice cream scoop and scoop out some dough.
- Roll it into a circle and then place on a try with parchment paper
- Pour the shimmery edible pearls into a bowl and set aside
- Take rolled dough ball and roll the ball around in the edible pearls until covered.
- Place back onto parchment paper.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. Check to see if the cookies are thoroughly baked.
- Take the cookies off of the cookie sheet and put on a wire rack.
- Immediately place the unwrapped Hershey kiss onto the center of the cookie.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before enjoying