Gene and Julie Gates of Battuto Italian Kitchen have been kind enough to share with us their famous Homemade Cauliflower Soup Recipe. Their cauliflower with roasted garlic soup is simply delicious AND guilt-free with less than 110 calories per serving.
- 2-tablespoons Butter
- 1-yellow onion
- 1-head of cauliflower broken into small flowerettes
- 4-ounces russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 6-cups vegetable stock
- Salt & Pepper
- Place butter in a cold pan with the onions and heat slowly to a medium heat. Cook onions slowly until they start to caramelize.
- Add the cauliflower and mix well with the onions. Continue cooking until the cauliflower browns around the edges.
- Add the vegetable stock and peeled and chopped potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer until tender.
- Let cool until safe to handle, insert an immersion hand blender and puree until smooth.
- Pass through a fine strainer.
- Season generously with salt and a little pepper, and adjust thickness with stock.
- Finish with a grilled piece of rustic bread brushed with extra virgin olive oil and seasoning. Drizzle a little garlic oil on top, and finish with some course chopped roasted garlic.
This is owners Gene & Julie’s favorite soup recipe. It sounds simple, but when prepared with proper technique, it’s sinfully delicious and guilt-free. If you don’t feel like cooking, head over to their restaurant located at 18101 Preston Rd., Ste. 204C
Dallas, Texas 75252.