How to Make Your Own Compound Butter
- 1 tsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 3 cloves garlic paste (store bought or self made – i’ll explain how below)
- 12 tbsp butter
- 1/2tsp salt
- Chop garlic fine then use the side of a chefs knife (or the back of a spoon) to drag over the garlic
- Squeeze the juices out of the small pieces then re-chop
- Re-drag the knife over the garlic a few times until it becomes pasty.
- Set butter out to come to room temperature (chop into small pieces to fast track this part)
- Combine the chives, rosemary, thyme, garlic paste and salt, mix well.
- Once mixed use plastic wrap to form butter roll.
- Refrigerate over night.
Store Compound Butters for up to 5 days in the refrigerator, 6 months in the freezer. Instead of freezing a batch in one long log, you may wish to cut it into smaller lengths, and freeze separately.