There are some desserts that I absolutely love to make and to eat, one of my favorites is Funfetti Cake Balls. For the longest time, I had no idea how to make cake balls. I thought that they were probably extremely complicated and difficult to make so I never even looked up the recipe. Then one day, I was talking to a friend about cake balls and how they were so delicious and they mentioned to me how easy they were to make.
I assumed they were just joking but I learned very quickly that they were so simple and I couldn’t believe I had put them off for so many years. If you’ve never made cake balls before, the secret to making them is just adding frosting to the cooked cake. No joke, it’s that simple.
Because I love cake balls so much and wanted to share the simplicity of them, I’m sharing my Funfetti Cake Ball recipe. This recipe is made with funfetti premade cake mix but if you prefer to make your own homemade cake mix, that will work too! Give it a try and let me know how it goes!
How to Make Funfetti Cake Balls
- 1 box of Funfetti cake mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 cup Water
- 1 container of vanilla frosting
- 1 bag of Ghirardelli white chocolate melting wafers
- Confetti sprinkles
- Cake pop sticks
- cupcake pan
- cupcake liners
Make the cake balls:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Make the cake batter according to the box
- Scoop batter into the cupcake liners in a cupcake pan
- Bake the cupcakes at 350 degrees for 21 minutes.
- Remove from the cupcakes and let cool.
- Remove liners and crumb the cake into a medium bowl.
- Add 1/2 Tbsp. frosting to the crumbled cake.
- Mix together thoroughly
- Take a small size of the dough and form into a ball
- Continue until all cake mix is formed into balls
- Place onto a plate and place into the freezer for 30 minutes until solid
Prepare the chocolate
- Using a double boiler, melt the white chocolate
- Pull out the cake balls and set onto the counter next to the melted chocolate
- Take cake pop stick and dip one end into the chocolate, push the cake pop stick end with the melted chocolate into cake ball
- We like to use a floral foam to place our cake pops in as they harden
- Place back into the freezer until chocolate is hard
- Pull cake balls back out and dip into the melted chocolate
- Lightly tap the stick onto the edge of the pot with the melted chocolate so that the extra chocolate falls off
- Push bottom of stick into the floral foam block to hold the stick
- Sprinkle some confetti sprinkles on top of the cake pop
- Repeat with remaining cake balls.
- Once the chocolate is hardened, slowly pull out the sticks for cake balls or leave in for cake pops