If you’re looking for an easy, impressive dish to make you’ve got to try this Mexican Pasta salad dish. It’s very easy to make, requires little prep and won’t cost you an arm and leg to make. I’ve always used this as a side dish or an appetizer to take over to a friend’s house but you can easily make this into a main dish by adding some ground meat or chicken! The whole dish can be transformed by adding meat.
I love this dish because I usually already have all the ingredients readily available. It’s full of flavor and every time I make it there is absolutely none left which means people like it. Let’s make the Mexican Pasta Salad.
- 1 box of bow tie pasta
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 of a yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 C of cilantro, chopped
- 1 small container of Feta cheese
- 1 orange pepper for topping
- 1 red pepper for topping
- 1 large bowl
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 large pot to cook the pasta
- 1 C plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix with a whisk
- Set aside in the fridge till your pasta is ready
- Add water to your pot and bring to a boil
- Once water is boiling, add in pasta and cook until done
- While pasta is cooking, drain the corn and black beans.
- Chop your green pepper, tomato, onion and cilantro set aside
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water and add pasta to a large mixing bowl
- Let the pasta cool for a few minutes, mixing occasionally so that the pasta doesn’t become sticky and hard
- Once pasta is cooled, add in your corn, black beans, green pepper, tomato, onion, cilantro
- Add in the dressing and mix
- Mix in the Feta cheese
- Top with some more Feta cheese and cilantro and add some orange and red pepper slices for presentation
I just love these simple recipes that I can make in no time. What other recipes do you like to make on a regular basis that everybody loves?