Nachos are a staple in my house. It’s a simple recipe that can be eaten for lunch or dinner and it can be thrown together in minutes. Usually we don’t get too creative with our nachos. I typically throw beans, ground beef, cheese, and tomatoes on chips and call it a day. Because I’ve eaten nachos like this for so long, it never even occurred to me that I could add whatever I wanted on top of the chips and make it a meal.
After realizing that I’ve been missing out on eating nachos in a million different ways, I gathered a list of recipes that are worth giving a try. Some of these recipes have your usual ingredients while other have ingredients like sweet potatoes and pork rinds.
Non-Traditional Nacho Recipes
- Cranberry Butternut Brussels Sprout Brie Skillet Nachos – Whoever thought about adding sweet potatoes, brussell sprouts and cranberries to nachos must be crazy but these nachos are a complete hit, especially around the holidays.
- Peanut Butter Apple Nachos – Dessert nachos are a thing and you must try them! These are so good and the perfect snack.
- Chicken Nachos – These nachos are made are fairly “normal” but have the perfect ingredients to make everybody happy.
- Irish Nachos – These nachos are made with potatoes! Don’t miss the delicious bacon added on top.
- Irish Tater Nachos – Nachos made with tater tots!
- Sloppy Joe Nachos – Throw all your favorite sloppy joe ingredients on nachos for this tasty meal.
- Apple Nachos with Pumpkin Caramel – Pumpkin makes this recipes so tasty
- Spicy Chicken Cheddar Nachos – My favorite types of nachos – SPICY.
- Sheet Pan Beef Black Bean Nachos – For those of you who want to skip the meat
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Nachos with Green Chile Salsa – Instead of chips, make your own sweet potato wedges
- Langoustine Lobster Nachos – Because lobster makes everything better
- Spicy Nachos – Extra jalapenos, please!
- Smoked Sausage Nachos – Instead of your usual ground beef or chicken, add smoked sausage!
- Breakfast Nachos – Who said nachos only had to be for lunch or dinner?
- Crispy Buffalo Cheddar Potato Nachos – Great twist for game day.
- Skillet Steak Chicken Fajita Nachos – Make these simple nachos in your cast iron skillet.
- BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos – Love the BBQ Pork combination on these nachos.
- Waffle Fry Nachos – French Fries are delicious alone, but add all the great toppings and you have a masterpiece.
- Baby Back Rib Nachos – Not only do these baby back ribs add so much flavor, these nachos are made with fresh tortillas!
- Loaded Greek Goddess Chickpea Quinoa Pita Chip Nachos – For our vegetarian friends!
- Pork Rind Nachos – You’ve read that right. Take out the tortilla chips and add pork rinds instead!