There is something about homemade cookies that are irrestable. You can find me in the kitchen often whipping up all sorts of cookies. The crazy part is that I like cookies but I’m not in love with them. They aren’t my dessert of choice even though they are baked often at my house.
For the longest time, my go to cookie to make was homemade chocolate chip cookies. As much as we love them, I got bored and wanted to add more cookies to my recipe roll. I stumbled upon a recipe for peanut butter muddy buddy cookies and knew instantly they would become one of my favorites to make.
Peanut Butter Muddy Buddy Cookies have a very similar base to a regular chocolate chip cookie so it’s very possible you have all of the ingredients already in your pantry. My favorite part of the cookie is delicious chocolate smeared all over the top then sprinkled with powered sugar. The Peanut Butter Muddy Buddy Cookies are full of flavor. All of your guests will be asking for more!
Peanut Butter Muddy Buddy Cookies
Makes 24 cookies
- 1 stick (1/2 C) unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1/2 C peanut butter
- 1/2 C light brown sugar
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 C Nestle milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- 1 disposable piping bag
- 1 shaker for the powder sugar topping
- 1 small ice cream scoop
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and baking powder
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter, and both sugars until cream and combined
- Mix in the egg until blended
- Gradually mix in the flour until combined
- Using the ice cream scooper, scoop some dough into your hands and roll into a ball
- Place the cookie dough balls onto the cookie sheet
- Take the bottom of a glass and lightly press down onto the cookies to get round disks.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes
- Once baked, let the cookies cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack
- Using a bowl, melt together the chocolate chips and oil in intervals of 30-45 seconds
- Scoop melted chocolate into the piping bag
- Cut off the tip of the piping bag and pipe dollops of chocolate into the middle of the cookie
- Let the chocolate completely harden
- Add the powder sugar into the shaker
- Shake the powder sugar onto the cookies and enjoy!