Who doesn’t love a great pumpkin desert? For years, I avoided pumpkin. It’s never been something I’ve been obsessed with like most people in the Fall season. We do a lot of baking in my house and my two year old son has been joining in on the fun. I’ve been looking for simple recipes that we can make together. I’m talking about dump all the ingredients in and bake. I love the process of baking but doing it with a 2 year old is a whole other level. I’ve found a bunch of recipes that we really enjoy and one that has become a house favorite is our Pumpkin Dump Cake.
This pumpkin recipe is simple but tastes like it took hours in the kitchen. I’m usually all about making things from scratch but this recipe does use box cake mix. It makes things easy and tastes so good!
Now, let’s get to baking!
- 30 oz. can pumpkin
- 16 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. ginger
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs room temp.
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup un-salted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl add pumpkin, milk, spices, sugar and eggs.
- Mix to combine
- In a 9x13 pan, flour the base and edges
- Pour the batter into the pan
- Sprinkle cake mix on top of the batter
- Sprinkle pecans on top of the cake mix
- Slice butter very thin and cover all of cake
- Bake 1 hour
- Serve warm with whipped cream
Such a simple recipe that is full of flavor! This is a perfect recipe for Thanksgiving that will wow your crowd.
Want more pumpkin recipes? Don’t miss our favorite below.