The holiday season is officially here which means I’ll be living in the kitchen cooking up all types of sweets. Baking is my absolute favorite. I don’t have a major sweet tooth but I thoroughly enjoy baking goods for others. It brings me tons of joy! Not to mention seeing a handful of ingredients become something amazing such as cookies or cupcakes is amazing.
I’m in serious need of a new oven and I’ve been searching high and low for one that will work with my cooking style. I currently own a oven that is used in professional kitchens and although it isn’t working to its full capability, it’s hard to let go of. That was until I found the LG ProBake Double Oven. Inspired by pro-style ranges, this LG range moved the heating element from the bottom of the oven to the back wall for optimal heat distribution. Enjoy consistent browning on top and bottom – with every cookie baked to perfection with LG’s ProBake Convection ranges. Couldn’t you imagine this in your kitchen? I know I can!One thing I don’t do often (and I’m embarrassed to admit it) is cleaning my oven. Who wants to take the time to do that? Not me. The LG’s ProBake Convection ranges feature LG’s EasyClean®. In three easy steps and 10 quick minutes your oven can be sparkling clean, without strong chemical fumes or high heat with LG’s Easy Clean. Doesn’t that sound amazing? I’m all about easy clean up, especially if I don’t have to do much but press a few buttons. Best Buy is currently running a special where you receive 5x reward points with your Best Buy account on any ProBake Range purchase from 9/28 – 10/29. Just in time for the holidays!
Since baking season is here, I’ve whipped up some delicious Pumpkin Vanilla Cupcakes that you won’t want to miss. These type of cupcakes would be one of the first I make in my new LG Probake range! Not only are they delicious but they’re perfect for this time of year with a hint of pumpkin and vanilla.
Pumpkin Vanilla Cupcake
- 1 ¾ C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice1
- 2/3 C brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1 C pumpkin puree
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 1/3 C whole milk, room temp
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
Vanilla Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 C of unsalted butter (softened)
- 4 C powder sugar
- 4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1 container Candy Sprinkles
- 1 bag of candy Pumpkins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and the pumpkin pie spice.
- Whisk well.
- Set aside.
- Now in a second bowl , mix together with your electric mixer the brown sugar and eggs beating until well combined.
- Add the pumpkin, oil, whole milk, and vanilla to another bowl, stir to mix.
- Add this bowl of ingredients to the second bowl with the brown sugar and eggs, again mixing well to combine.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients stirring just enough to blend all of the ingredients together.
- Using a medium ice cream scoop fill each cupcake tin 2/3rds filled. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes.
- Next transfer to a wire rack allowing them to cool completely.
Frosting the cupcakes:
- Cream powder sugar and butter until mixture is light and creamy. If for some reason it doesn’t cream you can add a few drops of heavy whipping cream until it creams.
- Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by getting a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down to see if the frosting stays on the spoon or falls off. If it stays on the spoon, you’re in good shape if not, add more powder sugar 1/4 cup at a time and mix well.
- Once the frosting is ready, fill a pastry bag with a size 13 tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag and squeeze the frosting to the tip, Start at the outer edge of each cupcake moving in a circle inward to the center of the cupcake.
- Sprinkle the candy sprinkles on the cupcakes and top each one with a candy pumpkin.
These are so easy to make and a treat that everybody will love! What would be the first treat you make in the LG ProBake Double Oven?