I’m not sure if it’s the holidays or my pregnancy but I’ve been craving all the sweet things. I’ve always loved to back and buy sweet dishes but I’ve never been one to actually eat them. I usually give them to neighbors or force them on my husband. Thank goodness he has a sweet tooth.
Outside of baking, we are avid cast iron skillet cookers. We own all types of sizes of cast iron skillets and 90% of the time our whole meal is cooked in them. They’re great to cook in and so easy to clean up. I’ve been attempting to do more baking with my skillets and I recently tried a cookie recipe that I couldn’t wait to share.
Introducing the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe…
Now let’s get started! You’ll need the following ingredients.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 32 mini Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Peanut butter frosting
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Mix the following ingredients sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, eggs and vanilla
- Add soda, salt, and flour.
- Spilt your batter in half
- Place half the batter in your cast iron and press down making sure to cover the whole area
- Place your Reese’s minis on top of your cookie dough
- Roll your other half of your dough to the size of your cast iron
- Now use your other half of your cookie dough and place on top of your Reese’s
- Cook for 12 minutes at 350.
- Use a peanut butter frosting to decorate the edges and garnish with Reese’s
I love that you can enjoy this recipe all year long. It doesn’t require any special ingredients or items that are seasonal. Let’s be real, Reese’s are all good no matter what time of year it is. This cookie skillet is simple to make and always a crowd pleaser. If you haven’t tried baking cookies in your cast iron skillet, you’re missing out!
What’s your favorite cookie to make year round?