Weekends in Dallas are always packed with events, store openings and things to do. Instead of you having to pick and choose, we’ve done the hard work for you. Here are a few events each day that are worth your time. If we missed an event that you think should be on the list, let me know!
Dallas Events on Friday, June 14th
- Movies Under the Moon – Pack up a picnic, grab a blanket, and enjoy the beautiful summer weather at The Shops at Park Lane each Friday evening in June for Movies Under The Moon, a free outdoor movie series featuring your favorite family-friendly films throughout the decades. This week’s movie is The Lorax! Popcorn will be for sale for $1 per bag, and Gordon Biersch will sell food, soft drinks, beer and wine. More info.
- Summer Pancake Party at Original Pancake House – Complimentary Breakfast Buffet & Coffee, Pancake Eating Contest, DJ, Photo booth, Balloon Twisting & Face Painting. You can also enter to win FREE pancakes for a year. More info.
- Rocky Horror Picture Show – Experience the immortal, immoral cult classic phenomena as presented by Amber Does Dallas: DFW’s Premier Shadowcast. Enjoy a drink at the Arcade Bar before the show or take it into the theater with you, as you enjoy the finest in live theatrical entertainment in the historic Lakewood Theater. Show starts at 11pm and tickets are only $10. You can also purchase prop packs for $4. Buy Tickets.
- ANOTHER Fashion Party – Bringing together the Dallas art, music, and fashion worlds, ANOTHER Fashion Party is launching to profile independent, stand out, Dallas-based fashion designers and independent boutique clothing. Of course, the event will be set within a lively atmosphere, complete with visuals, DJ’s, a full liquor bar and art by Circuit12’s roster of internationally-recognized
talent. AFP will spotlight a new local fashion designer or independent boutique collection each month, placing full attention to the selected designer’s or store owners collection. AFP kicks off with a concept collection from IZAVEL by Dallas-based designer Isabel Varela. Doors open at 10pm, $10 entry. More info.
Dallas Events on Saturday, June 15th
- BeerFeast at the Lake – The Lake Flying Saucer’s 4th annual spring BeerFeast 2013 will feature over 25 breweries and 50 craft beers, all carefully selected by the Flying Saucer’s resident beer gurus. In addition, very rare and limited-release beers will be tapped one at time throughout the fest. Food trucks will also be back again this year. A new addition to this years’ fest is live music featuring the band, Fish Fry Bingo. I’ll be there trying EVERY beer, if you’ll be there, tweet me and say Hi! Purchase tickets.
- 2nd Annual Earth Day After Party – Recycle Revolution’s 2nd annual Earth Day After Party! With lots of amazing live music from local bands & artists, an epic ping-pong tournament, recycling- and waste-themed movies (including some beautiful documentaries and one really fun kids’ movie), up-cycling and aquaponics workshops for kids and adults, amazing one-of-a-kind local crafts (furniture, jewelry, accessories, etc.), tours of Recycle Revolution’s Community Zero Waste facility, delicious local craft beer, food trucks, and much more! RSVP here.
- Rescued by Wine – A Fundraiser Benefiting TMHPR – A wine tasting at Marcus Cafe in Richardson on Saturday, June 15, 2013, from 4:00 until 6:00 pm that benefits Take Me Home Pet Rescue. Tickets cost $30 per person and includes 4-5 different wines as well as lite appetizers. Purchase tickets.
Dallas Events on Sunday, June 16th- Happy Father’s Day
- Free Yoga at Lululemon – Enjoy complimentary Vinyasa yoga class in the lululemon galleria store on Sunday morning from 11am-12pm. Whether you’re a newbie or a seasoned practioner, this class is for you! Bring a friend, some water and a smile. If you don’t have your own mat, no worries, they have some that you can use! More info.
- HUGE PrimeRib SMALL price. – III Forks Dallas is offering their USDA Prime Bone In Ribeye (normally $49.85) for just 29.95, This is a no brainer. Take dad to III Forks for a delicious Ribeye and you will be deemed his favorite forever. It’s worth it.
- Free Beer for you and dad – You read that correctly. Jack Mac’s Swill and Grill is having a FREE beer tasting from 6-8pm. This is a great way to start the night (or end it.) Jack Mac’s is located at 19009 Preston Road #209, Dallas.
Even if you don’t attend any of these events, be sure to go out and explore your city!