Fancy Bourbon Punch
Recipe by Matt Wallace, Mixologist, Seven Grand
- 1 liter Maker’s Mark® Bourbon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Peels of 3 lemons and 1 orange
- Juice of peeled fruit
- 1 liter of strong tea (preferably green tea)
- 250 ml champagne (club soda can be used for a less fancy version)
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Combine sugar and citrus peels in the bottom of a punch bowl. Muddle together until sugar starts to clump together. Let sit for about 2 hours, (while not necessary, this does add a little complexity).
- Brew the tea for about 30 minutes, remove loose tea or tea bags, and allow to cool.
- Add the juice of the peeled fruit, tea, and bourbon. Stir.
- Top with champagne just before serving and stir gently. Top with freshly grated nutmeg and serve.