The Warwick Melrose Hotel invites you to toast the spirit of the season this Thursday, December 13, with two “tasteful” ways to support Toys For Tots.
From 5-8 p.m., The Library bar will offer a wine tasting and extended happy hour pricing, with the “cover” charge being a new, unwrapped toy. Two representatives from the U.S. Marine Corp. will be on hand to welcome donations.
The Library bar also will be hosting a representative of Glazer’s, one of the nation’s largest distributors of wine, spirits and malt beverage products, who will be sampling Chandon sparkling wine and the brand-new Crown Royal Maple Finished Whiskey, which mixes Crown Royal’s signature caramel and vanilla nose with the elegant aromas of light, fresh maple for a taste that is perfectly holiday.
Happy Hour prices will also go on into the evening. Domestic bottled beers will be $3, premium bottled beers will be $4, house wines and well drinks will be $5.
In the Landmark restaurant, guests who purchase an entrée and bring a child’s toy will receive their “just desserts” in the form – of a free dessert. There are many tempting choices:
- Vanilla Bean Crème Brulee (with fresh berries and mint);
- Tuxedo Chocolate Mousee Cake (layers of white and dark chocolate mousse);
- Young Double Chocolate Stout Cake (with raspberries, chocolate stout ganache and raspberry coulis);
- New York Style Cheesecake (with strawberry coulis);
- Ice Cream & Sorbets or Global Cheese & Fresh Fruit (local artisan cheeses and honey comb with fresh fruit.)