Urban Taco’s “12 Days of Tamales” is back! From December 13 through December 24, Urban Taco will feature different seasonal tamales each day. The housemade tamales will be available for lunch and dinner, served with black beans and roasted corn con crema for $9.00. To-go orders are also available for purchase with 24-hour notice with a minimum order of one dozen for $16.95.
“12 Days of Tamales” and specialty holiday cocktails will be featured at Urban Taco Uptown at 3411 McKinney Avenue, and Urban Taco Mockingbird Station at 5331 E. Mockingbird Lane #125.
12 Days of Tamales Menu
- December 13 – Pollo con Mole Poblano
- December 14 – Cochinita Pibil
- December 15 – Sweet Corn Tamale
- December 16 – Potato Zucchini con Queso Fresco
- December 17 – Frijoles y Queso Oaxaca
- December 18 – Tomatillo Serrano con Pollo
- December 19 – Carnitas con Mole Poblano
- December 20 – Dos Equis Amber Barbacoa con Chorizo
- December 21 – Pollo con Pipian Verde
- December 22 – Chicharron Adobado con Salsa Verde
- December 23 – Picadillo Enchilado
- December 24 – Chicken Tinga & Potato
Sip on one of Urban Taco’s seasonally inspired cocktails for $5. Beginning Monday, December 2, enjoy Merry Berry Margarita (a tart and sweet ‘rita made with fresh cranberry juice), Ponches de Frutas (simmered with green apples, oranges, sugar cane, guayaba, cinnamon, tamarind, tejocote and hibiscus leaf, this traditional Mexican spice punch is sure to warm the soul), and Oaxaca Old Fashioned (a tribute to the prohibition era with a Mezcal Vago artisan twist.)