The State Fair of Texas is a fun place to venture around with your friends and family. Doors are open from September 24th til October 17th. The only problem is, if you’re not careful you can break the bank. Ticket prices rise each year and frankly, it’s a waste of money to full price when you can save. We’ve gathered ways for you to save at the fair from going on certain days of the week to wearing certain clothes. Take advantage of these deals and spread the word. Don’t pay full retail for your State Fair of Texas ticket.
Ticket prices at the gate for the 20121 State Fair of Texas have a few extra options this year. Prices start as low as $10 to the Fair includes hundreds of daily shows, concerts, activities and exhibits, all at no extra cost. The Fair offers $5 admission for children under 48 inches in height and seniors age 60 and older, with free admission for children age two and under. If you are not taking advantage of the State Fair discounts below, purchase your tickets online for a small discount!
2021 State Fair of Texas Season Pass
State Fair of Texas Season Passes are available for purchase online this summer for only $50.
- 24-day admission to the 2021 State Fair of Texas
- One FREE single-day, Bring-a-Friend ticket (valid Monday – Friday only)
- FREE headlining concerts on the Chevrolet Main Stage
- One FREE State Fair reusable bag (available to the first 5,000 season pass holders who redeem)
- One FREE Flip-a-Chick game on the Midway
- One $5 OFF coupon for a 2020 State Fair Cookbook Combo (2020 Creative Arts Cookbook and Best of Show Cookbook)
- One 10% OFF coupon for State Fair gear at official merchandise stores during Fair
2021 State Fair of Texas Discounts and Deals
Opening Day Savings: On Opening Day of the Fair, Friday, September 24, 2021, Bring two jars of peanut butter to donate to the North Texas Food Bank for a special promotion and receive $10 admission at the gate.
Advanced Ticket Sales: Purchase in advance at your local Kroger and get $3 off premium one-day admission tickets or $5 off season passes. They may be purchased at the check-out counter or service desk from September 1, 2021, to October 17, 2021. If you plan on visiting more than once, I highly recommend the season pass!
School Tickets: Every year, school districts in the area send children home with FREE admission tickets. Be sure to use and take advantage of them. If you know someone who won’t be using theirs, you can always ask for it. These tickets are for children admission so be sure to read any small print.
McDonald’s Deals: McDonald’s offers a discount on children’s general admission with their State Fair coupons (you can find these on tray liner or bag stuffers) any day of the fair. With this coupon, any fairgoer can save $5 off on weekdays (Monday-Friday) and $7 off on weekends (Saturday-Sunday.) One coupon per person. Discount may not be combined with any other offers.
Use Public Transportation: Parking at the State Fair costs $15 and sometimes even more if you end up parking on somebody’s property! Don’t waste your money on parking, just think of all the food you can buy with that money!
- Ride the Dart :State Fair visitors can ride the DART Rail Green Line to two stations – Fair Park Station, located on Parry Avenue at the entrance to the fairgrounds, and MLK, Jr. Station, located south of R.B. Cullum Blvd. and convenient to the MLK fairground entrance (Gate 6.)
- Trinity Railway Express: State Fair visitors can ride the Trinity Railway Express from any of ten stations in Tarrant County or Dallas County to meet up with the DART Rail Green Line in Dallas.
- Denton County A Train: Traveling from Denton County? Take the A-train from one of five stations and transfer to DART’s Green Line at Trinity Mills.
- Uber: The Uber pick-up/drop-off area is conveniently located at the intersection of Pacific and Gurley, just outside Gate 1. When you’re ready to head home, exit the grounds before you request your ride. Head north towards Haskell to get to the designated Uber pickup area and meet your driver.
First Responders Day is EVERY day:
This is NEW to 2021! The State Fair would like to thank our country’s first responders by honoring our various active and retired public law enforcement, firefighters, paramedics, and other emergency services agencies. All first responders can save $5 off on weekdays (Monday-Friday) and $7 off on weekends (Saturday-Sunday) when they present a valid badge or ID card from their department or organization at the gate or online, plus up to three discounted admission tickets for their family members.
Military Appreciation Day is EVERY day:
All active military, retired military, and veterans save $5 off on weekdays (Monday-Friday) and $7 off on weekends (Saturday-Sunday) when they present valid documentation of military service at the gate or online. Spouses of service men and women with a valid Military Spouse ID and accompanying children under the age of 18 also receive discounted admission.
Kid’s Admission Pricing for EVERYBODY after 5pm everyday:
Everyone is a kid at night at the Fair! On ANY night of the week, visitors receive reduced general admission after 5 p.m. No matter your age, all guests pay the child price for that particular day. Available at the gate and online, after 5 p.m. everyday.
Dr Pepper Days on Tuesday and Thursday:
Dr Pepper Value Days are every Tuesday and Thursday during the Fair when you can purchase your admission ticket online for a reduced price of only $10. Only Big Tex Insiders receive the promotion code for this exclusive savings so be sure to sign up now at BigTex.com/Insider.
North Texas Food Bank Wednesdays:
By bringing five canned food items, fairgoers will receive admission for only $5. All canned donations go to the North Texas Food Bank, which helps feed members of the community. Discount may not be combined with any other offers. (Fun Fact: In 2018, more than 214,000 pounds of food were donated through this program, making it North Texas Food Bank’s largest canned food drive of the year. This is such a great way to give back to the community!) If you’re looking for the cheapest way to get into the fair, this is one of the best ways.
Don’t forget, every Wednesday morning at the Fair is Sensory-Friendly!
Senior Citizen Discount:
Grab your parents / grandparents / loved ones and take them to the State Fair on Thursday! Senior Citizens (anyone 60 and over) get in for $5 on every Thursday that the fair is open.
Group Ticket Discounts: Do you attend the Fair with a group of friends? Then take advantage of the State Fair’s group ticket discount program. Save up to 33% on general admission tickets when you have parties of 25 or more. You can also buy pre-loaded Midway game cards and food and ride coupons in advance for your group. The earlier you buy tickets, the cheaper!
State Fair of Texas Group Ticket Pricing:
- Purchase tickets August 1 – August 15: $14/each
- Purchase tickets August 16 – September 15: $15/each
- Purchase tickets September 16 – End of Fair: $16/each
The State Fair of Texas has added lots of great value packs that you can find on their ticket page. One that I personally love is the 20121 Season Pass Combo that is $150! These tickets includes (2) Season Passes and $50 in food and ride coupons.
Did we miss a deal? Leave a comment so we can add it! Now, let’s eat some FRIED FOOD!
The State Fair of Texas is located inside Fair Park, 3921 Martin Luther King Jr., Blvd., Dallas, TX 75210