These 10 things to know before you visit the State Fair of Texas will make your trip a comfortable, fun, and memorable one. The State Fair of Texas is very large and it easy to get lost. Visiting the fair prepared equips you with the tools to have a good time without the stress.
1. First things first! The State Fair of Texas begins on September 27th, 2019 and ends on October 20th, 2019. Gates open at 7 am for parking and the fair opens at 10am. Take a look at the State Fair of Texas schedule for more information on their events and shows. The fair officially opens on September 27th, 2019 at 10am. We love going on the first day in the morning, it’s not crowded at all and a great way to check things out!
2. If you plan on visiting the fair often, it would be a wise investment to purchase a season pass. Admission can get a little pricey if you do not plan ahead. There are group rates and a variety of State Fair of Texas ticket discounts available to help save a few bucks. You can buy your tickets in advance online or at Kroger stores. (Read: Ultimate List of State Fair of Texas discounts)
3. If you visit the State Fair of Texas in a group of 20 or more people, you can receive a 39% discount off of your ticket prices. Gather up your family and friends! Want to meet up with your group at the State Fair but don’t know where to meet? Here is a great map to send to your friends.
4. You can ride DART to the State Fair of Texas and avoid paying the $15 parking charge. The DART website is a great resource on how to navigate the system and get to the Park without any hiccups.
5. You may bring a wagon for the kids. You may also bring your own ice chest, drinks, and food. The only rule they ask you to follow is that there are no glass bottles, metal knives, or alcoholic beverages. Although the food at the fair is to die for, this could help cut some costs on things like snacks and bottled water.
6. Leave the selfie sticks at home. If you bring one along it might get confiscated due to safety rules.
7. Rent a stroller, electric cart, or wheelchair from three different locations in Fair Park; The Parry entrance, the Grand Gate or the Pennsylvania pedestrian gate. You can also reserve on the Scooter Bug website.
8. If you are coming into Dallas for the fair or have guests that need a place to stay these lodging suggestions in Dallas will come in handy.
9. All food and drinks can be purchased with State Fair of Texas coupons. You will find coupon booths located throughout the fair or you can purchase them in advance online. A game card is required to play games at the fair. Tickets NEVER expire so keep them for your next visit or to use next year!
10. There will be two football games played at Cotton Bowl Stadium during the State Fair of Texas – The State Fair Classic and Red River Rivalry. If you purchase a football game ticket, it includes a one day admission to the fair.
Now it is your turn to tell me! What things help you prepare for your visit to the State Fair of Texas?
Looking for State Fair of Texas Discounts? Check this list.