The State Fair of Texas, often hailed as the grandest state fair in the nation, is a true Texan institution that captures the spirit and essence of the Lone Star State. This annual extravaganza is a vibrant celebration of all things Texan, offering a mesmerizing blend of cultural diversity, culinary delights, entertainment spectacles, and good old-fashioned fun. Held in the heart of Dallas, the State Fair of Texas is a cherished tradition that draws visitors from far and wide, beckoning them to explore the rich tapestry of Texas’s past, present, and future, all within the confines of its sprawling fairgrounds.
From towering Ferris wheels to mouthwatering fried delicacies, and a showcase of the state’s agricultural heritage, this iconic event is a sensory overload and a testament to the larger-than-life ethos that defines Texas. So, join us on a journey through the captivating world of the State Fair of Texas, where traditions meet innovation, and where the true spirit of the Lone Star State shines brighter than ever.
The State Fair of Texas is a fun place to venture around with your friends and family. Doors are open from September 29th til October 22nd, 2023. We are HUGE fans of the State Fair of Texas, but like any event, if you’re not careful you can break the bank. Ticket prices rise each year and we can find a better deal to get in, then we’re all about it. Why spend more money when there is a way to legitimately save lots of money? We’ve gathered ways for you to save at the fair from going on certain days of the week to wearing certain clothes. Take advantage of these deals and spread the word.
Don’t pay full retail for your State Fair of Texas ticket.
Ticket prices at the gate for the 2023 State Fair of Texas have a few extra options this year.
Ticket sales start online on September 11, 2023 for single day admission tickets. Premium one-day admission tickets are valid on any of the 24 days of the Fair. Premium tickets work with your schedule and provide the most flexibility, allowing you to attend any of the 24 days of the Fair without having to select the day in advance. You can purchase a Premium 1 Day Admission to use any day of the State Fair for $24.00.
If you are not taking advantage of the State Fair discounts below, purchase your tickets online for a small discount!
2023 State Fair of Texas Season Pass
State Fair of Texas Season Passes are available for purchase online this summer for only $50.
- 24-day admission to the 2023 State Fair of Texas
- One FREE single-day, Bring-a-Friend ticket (valid Monday – Friday only) – not valid with the digital season pass
- FREE headlining concerts on the Chevrolet Main Stage
2023 State Fair of Texas Discounts and Deals
Opening Day Savings on September 29, 2023
Valid ONLY Friday, September 29, 2023. Bring two jars of peanut butter to donate to the North Texas Food Bank for a special Opening Day promotional price of $10 admission at the gate.
Discounted State Fair Tickets at Kroger
Purchase in advance at your local Kroger and get $3 off Premium One-Day admission tickets. They may be purchased at the check-out counter or service desk from September 1 to October 22.
State Fair of Texas School Tickets
Every year, school districts in the area send children home with FREE admission tickets. Be sure to use and take advantage of them. If you know someone who won’t be using theirs, you can use them with no issues. They can be used for children. These tickets are for children admission and not adults so be sure to read any small print. Some tickets may be valid only on certain dates.
State Fair of Texas Discounts with McDonald’s Deals
Discount coupons are available at participating McDonald’s locations throughout North Texas on tray liners and inside their meal bags. With this coupon, any fairgoer can save $5 off on weekdays (Monday-Friday) and $7 off on weekends (Saturday-Sunday.)
Use Public Transportation to Fair Park
Parking at the State Fair costs $15 and sometimes even more if you end up parking on somebody’s property – which I don’t trust. Don’t waste your money on parking, just think of all the food you can buy with that money! Here a few options to get to the State Fair of Texas using public transportation
- Ride the Dart : State Fair visitors can ride the DART Rail Green Line to two stations – Fair Park Station, located on Parry Avenue at the entrance to the fairgrounds, and MLK, Jr. Station, located south of R.B. Cullum Blvd. and convenient to the MLK fairground entrance (Gate 6.) DART offers four great contactless options that make buying your pass fast, safe, and convenient:
- GoPass® app: Download the latest version of the app for free from the App Store or Google Play. Just be sure to activate your DART pass before you board.
- GoPass® Tap: Available at 7-Eleven and hundreds of participating retailers, GoPass Tap is the reloadable transit card that automatically gives you the best fare every time you ride. Simply tap your card to a reader on a DART Rail platform or bus prior to boarding, and your fare is deducted automatically.
- Credit or debit card: Buy your DART pass with any contactless credit or debit card. Just tap your contactless card to a reader on a DART Rail platform or bus prior to boarding — and you’re on your way to all the fun of the fair!
- Mobile device: Using your preferred mobile payment app — such as Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay — simply tap your mobile device to a reader on a DART Rail platform or bus to buy your pass.
- Trinity Railway Express: State Fair visitors can ride the Trinity Railway Express from any of ten stations in Tarrant County or Dallas County to meet up with the DART Rail Green Line in Dallas.
- Denton County A Train: Traveling from Denton County? Take the A-train from one of five stations and transfer to DART’s Green Line at Trinity Mills.
- Uber: The Uber pick-up/drop-off area is conveniently located at the intersection of Pacific and Gurley, just outside Gate 1. When you’re ready to head home, exit the grounds before you request your ride. Head north towards Haskell to get to the designated Uber pickup area and meet your driver.
Use PROMO CODE from Dart
Using the promo code provided by the GoPass app, receive $5 off fair admission Monday-Friday. On Saturdays and Sundays, you’ll save $7! To enjoy this special pricing, simply enter the promo code 23DART when purchasing your fair admission on the State Fair’s website. All aboard for savings!
First Responders Day Discount at State Fair is EVERY day
The State Fair would like to thank our country’s first responders by honoring our various active and retired public law enforcement, firefighters, paramedics, and other emergency services agencies. All first responders can save $5 off on weekdays (Monday-Friday) and $7 off on weekends (Saturday-Sunday) when they present a valid badge or ID card from their department or organization at the gate or online. Spouses of first responders and accompanying children under the age of 18 also receive discounted admission.
Military Appreciation Day Discount is EVERY day at the State Fair
All active military, retired military, and veterans save $5 off on weekdays (Monday-Friday) and $7 off on weekends (Saturday-Sunday) when they present valid documentation of military service at the gate or online. Spouses of service men and women with a valid Military Spouse ID and accompanying children under the age of 18 also receive discounted admission.
Kid’s Admission Pricing for EVERYBODY after 5pm everyday
Everyone is a kid at night at the Fair! On ANY night of the week, visitors receive reduced general admission after 5 p.m. No matter your age, all guests pay the child price for that particular day. Available at the gate and online, after 5 p.m. everyday.
State Fair Discounts Dr Pepper Days on Tuesday and Thursday
State Fair of Texas Value Days are every Tuesday and Thursday during the Fair when you can purchase your admission ticket online for a reduced price of only $10. Only Big Tex Insiders receive the promotion code for this exclusive savings so be sure to sign up today!
$5 State Fair Admission with North Texas Food Bank Wednesdays
By bringing five canned food items, fairgoers will receive admission for only $5. All canned donations go to the North Texas Food Bank, which helps feed members of the community. Discount may not be combined with any other offers. (Fun Fact: In 2018, more than 214,000 pounds of food were donated through this program, making it North Texas Food Bank’s largest canned food drive of the year. This is such a great way to give back to the community!)
Save big AND give back to the community with North Texas Food Bank’s Feed the Need Wednesdays. By bringing five canned food items, fairgoers will receive admission for only $5. All canned donations go to the North Texas Food Bank, which helps feed members of the community.
If you’re looking for the cheapest way to get into the fair, this is one of the best ways.
Don’t forget, every Wednesday morning at the Fair is Sensory-Friendly!
Senior Citizen Discount
Grab your parents / grandparents / loved ones and take them to the State Fair on Thursday! Senior Citizens (anyone 60 and over) get in for $5 on every Thursday that the fair is open.
The State Fair of Texas discounts our best Premium Admission tickets for groups of 25 or more when you buy early. The earlier you buy, the more you save. Group tickets are just $13.00 each until May 31. Plus you can add pre-loaded Midway game cards and food and ride Coupons to any group order.
State Fair of Texas Group Ticket Pricing:
- Purchase tickets April 12 – May 31: $13/each
- Purchase tickets June 1 – July 31: $14/each
- Purchase tickets August 1 – September 15: $15/each
- Purchase tickets September 16 – End of Fair: $16/each
The State Fair of Texas has added lots of great value packs that you can find on their ticket page.
While the State Fair of Texas can be a thrilling experience, it doesn’t have to break the bank. By employing some savvy strategies and keeping an eye out for special deals and discounts, you can enjoy all the fair has to offer without emptying your wallet. From planning your visit on discount days, purchasing tickets in advance, and indulging in shared meals, to making use of public transportation and opting for water instead of pricey beverages, there are numerous ways to keep your fair experience budget-friendly.
Remember, the State Fair of Texas isn’t just about the rides and fried foods; it’s a celebration of Texan culture and heritage, and by saving a few dollars here and there, you can savor every moment of this beloved tradition. So, embark on your money-saving adventure at the fair, and relish the joy of creating lasting memories without the financial strain. Happy fair-going!
Did we miss a deal? Leave a comment so we can add it! Now, let’s eat some FRIED FOOD!
The State Fair of Texas is located inside Fair Park, 3921 Martin Luther King Jr., Blvd., Dallas, TX 75210