Before you head to the State Fair Texas, start thinking about the parking situation and if it is more beneficial for you to take public transportation instead. While it is not always the best option for whatever reason, many times taking the Dart to the State Fair of Texas will save you time, money and the hassle of dealing with parking at the Fair Grounds. Parking at the State Fair of Texas is a crucial aspect of planning your visit.
Parking at the State Fair of Texas can be a hassle and costly. On the fair grounds, parking alone starts at $15 per car. A day at the fair can add up very quick so we’re big fans of Save your cash for other things at the fair.
Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) makes getting to the 2023 State Fair of Texas quick and easy. Enjoy your ride in air-conditioned comfort September 29 through October 22 without having to find parking or battling traffic and get dropped off at one of two gates on the fairgrounds. Fair days are always busy days on DART rail and buses. Please visit DART.org/statefair to view the special DART Rail schedules.
Save up to $7 on fair admission with DART GoPass
DART takes you straight to the gate – and straight to the savings. Using the promo code provided in the DART GoPass app to receive $5 off fair admission Monday-Friday. On Saturdays and Sundays, save $7. To enjoy this special pricing, simply enter the code 23DART when purchasing your fair admission on the State Fair of Texas website.
State Fair visitors can ride the DART Rail Green Line to two stations – Fair Park Station, located on Parry Avenue at the entrance to the fairgrounds, and MLK, Jr. Station, located south of R.B. Cullum Blvd. and convenient to the MLK fairground entrance (Gate 6) and the Cotton Bowl Stadium.
DART Light Rail and Trinity Railway Express (TRE) passengers can easily transfer to the Green Line. Just look for trains saying, “Fair Park,” “Buckner,” or “Lawnview.” To get to the Green Line:
- Southbound Red, Blue, and Orange Line passengers – transfer to the Green Line at Pearl/Arts District Station.
- Northbound Red and Blue Line passengers – transfer to the Green Line at Akard Station.
- Eastbound Orange Line passengers – transfer to the Green Line at Bachman Station.
- Extra Green Line trains will run between Victory Station and Lawnview Station from approximately 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday-Friday and from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. During those hours, trains on that portion of the Green Line will run approximately every 10 minutes.
- Every day during the fair’s 24-day run, all Orange Line trains will offer extended service to Parker Road Station.
- All rail lines will operate on a 20-minute frequency until 10:00 p.m. daily.
- Customers using the Denton County Transportation Authority should check DCTA.net for departure and arrival times to connect at Trinity Mills Station to DART’s Green Line.
Riding the Trinity Railway Express (TRE)
- Trinity Railway Express (TRE) will operate on all four Sundays during the fair on a Saturday schedule.
- TRE passengers can transfer to the Green Line at Victory Station. Details are at TrinityRailwayExpress.org/StateFair
Find more info here: http://www.dart.org/statefair/statefair.asp
If you decide to drive, there is plenty of parking. If you are parking on fair grounds they take cash and credit. If you have to park in front of a residential lot, they will only take cash.
More info about the State Fair of Texas: