Mother’s Day will be here before you know it and NOW is time to get started on your grand gesture to your mom! Even if mom has it all there is always something you can give her that can only come from you; a thoughtful handmade gift from the heart! It doesn’t matter if you are five, twenty, or fifty, your mom will always appreciate a gift made by you especially for her. Check out my top gifts below for a little inspiration!
Photo Credit:”Homemade Soap Chains” by a Happy Home in Holland
In the Netherlands, Zeep Kettingen, or soap chains, are given as gifts and hung inside of homes. They are decorative and offer a soft fragrance to any room, closet, or drawer they are kept in. I like to hang them in my closet to keep our clothes smelling freshly washed. Their fine details make them the perfect gift for Mother’s Day. Happy Home in Holland shows us a basic recipe and design for making soap chains at home, but a quick online search will display how elaborate you can make them too. Add beads, craft gems, braided ribbons, or shells to make your zeep kettingen truly your own creation.
Photo Credit: “Motherhood Journal Jar Prompts” by Wondermom Wannabe
Motherhood Journal Jar Prompts are one of the most creative gifts I have seen in a long time. What I like most about this gift is, even if mom doesn’t love to journal, she can use the journal jar prompts to open up to her child, to tell them a story, or share a memory of a special moment she remembers from when he/she was young. Wondermom Wannabe has a full printable sheet of prompts to add to the jar, but I encourage you to write your own to make your gift even more personal.
Photo Credit: “Grandkids Make Life Grand Wooden Sign” by Where the Smiles Have Been
If you are crafty with a Silhouette Cameo, this is the Mother’s Day project for you, if not, read it anyway and ask a friend if they can help (everyone knows someone who is a queen of the Silhouette Cameo.) It’s worth the effort! One of the coolest projects I’ve ever done has been to take a vinyl wall transfer and place it on a weathered board. It’s a grand statement in the room, just as this Mother’s Day gift idea is.
20 DIY Gifts for Mom
If you are you looking for more great DIY Gift ideas for Mother’s Day, I have them! I gathered twenty of the best Mother’s Day Gifts & Crafts to share with you! Click on the links below to find the perfect Mother’s Day project for your mom! Be sure to leave a comment letting my friends know you found them at The Dallas Socials!
- Sun Catcher by This Ole Mom
- Washi Tape Kitchen Utensils by Mom Foodie
- Vanilla Mint Sugar Scrub by Thrifty Treasures
- Crepe Paper Tulips by Jenny at Dapperhouse
- Hand print Calendar by Joyfully Thriving
- Potted Flower Frame by Inspiration Made Simple
- Decorated Clothespins by Organized 31
- White and Gold Terra Cotta Pots by Pastels and Macarons
- Hand Print Canvas Keepsake by Fun Handprint Art
- Colorful Wooden Sign by Where the Smiles Have Been
- Air Dry Clay Bowl by Pastels & Macarons
- Rose Soap with Glycerin and Goats Milk by Happy Deal Happy Day
- Personalized Bowl by Organized 31
- Mother’s Day Flower Pot by The Eyes of a Boy
- Marbled Nail Polish Mugs by Strength & Sunshine
- Picture Boards by The Happy Scraps
- Mother’s Day Vase by Mom’s & Crafters
- Homemade Soap Chains by a Happy Home in Holland
- Motherhood Journal Jar Prompts by Wondermom Wannabe
- Cupcake Wrapper Flower Garden by Jenny at Dapperhouse