There is something about the Texas heat that makes meal time not always fun unless you’re sucking down a strong margarita to cool off. We spend a lot of our time on the patio when it’s not blazing hot and being in the hot weather and eating a hot meal doesn’t always mix.
I am always looking for a meal that is full of nutrients, will fill me up and won’t make me feel horrible after eating it. The one meal that provides this for me on a consistent basis is salads which is why I eat them very often. During the Summertime, I find it to be the best meal to eat during the nasty heat waves that we have in the South.
Since we’re always on the go, I gathered some great Summer picnic salads that are perfect to take a long with you while you’re out and about.
12 Summer Picnic Salads
Click on the links below to grab the recipes for these delicious salads to take to your next summer picnic or family barbecue!
- Easy Chopped Mediterranean Salad by The Forked Spoon
- Warm Potato Salad with Bacon & Horseradish by Homemade for Elle
- Roasted Corn Orzo Pasta Salad by To Simply Inspire
- Strawberry Broccoli Salad by Having Fun Saving and Cooking
- Greek Three Bean Salad by Flavor The Times
- Fresh Pineapple Salad by April Golightly
- Best Creamy Cucumber Salad by Wholesome Yum
- Greek Salad with Red Vinaigrette by The Rising Spoon
- Watermelon Salad by Frugelegance
- Easy Frog Eye Salad– by April Golightly
- Pea Salad by A Magical Mess
- Homemade Potato Salad by Homemade for Elle