There is something about cooking that clears the mind, takes away all the stress around me and puts me in my happy place. It’s one of those things that doesn’t allow me to think about anything but the hand at task, which is making delicious food. Since I cook often, I make sure to keep a stocked kitchen. Admittedly, I probably have way too many gadgets but what’s a girl to do? I figure you might as well be overstocked rather than under stocked.
I’ve gathered a few items that I use often in my kitchen or that I would love to receive as a gift to help my cooking experience. If you know a cook in your life, check out the list and use it to help find something for them this holiday season.
Gift Idea for Home Cooks
- Kitchenaid Artisan Design Glass Bowl Mixer – I absolutely LOVE my Kitchenaid mixer. I use it mainly for my baking. I have a plain white one but swoon over all the different color options that they have! Check out the raspberry ice color and tell me what you think!
- La Tourangelle Gourmet Oil Trio – I like to use a variety of oils when I cook to bring out certain flavors in my dishes. This oil trio is not only great to have in the kitchen but makes a great gift.
- Lipper International Bamboo Salad Bowl and Tongs -Because salad tastes better when it’s served in a pretty bowl with tongs. Anytime I have dinner parties, this is my favorite set to pull out to serve guests.
- Lavatools Digital Cooking Thermometer -This is a must have when cooking meats. I recently cooked a pork tenderloin and this is what saved me from overcooking it!
- Pyrex Vintage Charm 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set -You can’t go wrong with Pyrex or mixing bowls. These are so much fun and great to pass down in your family.
- The Kitchen Love Bamboo Cutting Board -A good cutting board is a must. I have one similar to this that doesn’t leave my counter top. I use it multiple times a day and it’s such a breeze to clean.
- Joseph Joseph Adjustable Rolling Pin -This adjustable rolling pin is great for bakers and cooks. It’s great for pizza and pie crusts, tarts, cookies, and more;
- Janaluca Herb Scissors -Herb scissors are one of my favorite accessories. Instead of having to clean your cutting board and knife after cutting herbs, why not just run your scissors through the dishwasher or rinse them off in seconds. Not only is the clean up easy, it makes cutting herbs so simple and fast.
- Norpro Glazed Butter Keeper -This butter keeper holds up to 1 butter stick and will never make you eat hard butter again! It’s perfect for the holidays.
- Pyrex 3-Piece Glass Measuring Cup Set -Every household in America should have a set of these measuring cups. I’m not joking when I say I use mine daily.
- Silchef 3-Piece Silicone Baking Mat Set -These baking mats are great for the holidays and when baking is in full force. Not only do they keep your pans nice and clean but they provide even heat distribution to your treats.
- Fiesta 5-Piece Bamboo and Silicone Utensil Set -Not only are these handy but I love the colors in this set.
- Urban Accents Global Goodies Spice Collection – I love to have my spice rack stocked with every spice possible because you never know when a recipe will call for it! This set will ensure that the cook in your life has it all.
- Glass Herb Keeper -Although I use a lot of dry spices, nothing beats fresh herbs. This herb keeper will keep your herbs fresh for up to 2 weeks!
- CTA Digtial 2-in-1 Tablet Kitchen Mount -Attach this tablet mount under one of your cabinets for easy access to recipes and pinterest while cooking!
- Spiralizer Vegetable Slicer -There is something about these veggie slicers that I absolutely love. Maybe it’s because it makes your dishes look like you put way more effort into them than you actually did.
- Two Elephants 8-in-1 Kitchen Tool -Under $10 and such a fun, unique gift!
- Cook N Home Stainless Steel Cookware Set -A good cookware set will last you a lifetime. Every cook needs a great set to utilize!
- Click & Grow Indoor Herb Garden -Not only is this so fun to grow but I love the way it looks in a kitchen.
- Melamine Bowl Set with Lids, Set of 4 -These bowl sets are great for mixing, serving and storing.
What other items would you add to the list? Let’s get cooking!