Coffee. The older I get, the more I enjoy coffee. When I was younger (high school aged), I would go to Starbucks as often as possible and get a caramel frappuccino, not for the coffee but because it was a dessert that gave me crazy amounts of energy. I would go to various coffee shops and never know what to order or I would order a regular coffee and LOAD it down with sugar and creamer to make it taste “just right.” I still like my coffee with creamer and sugar, but have toned it down a lot because I’ve finally learned to enjoy coffee.
With the weather being over 100+ degrees, Iced Coffee is what I enjoy the most during summer for obvious reasons. Seattle’s Best Coffee sent me a kit to make Seattle’s Best Coffee Iced Coffee at home, as well as a Melitta coffee brewer so I can make a single cup of Seattle’s Best coffee. The Kit included:
- One-month supply of Seattle’s Best Coffee (4 Bags!)
- Seattle’s Best Coffee Tumbler for your iced and frozen coffee drinks
- Seattle’s Best Coffee Hot Travel Mug to enjoy brewed coffee on-the-go
- Melitta coffee brewer and recipe for a totally new way to make a single cup of coffee
- Simple Iced Coffee recipe featuring go-to cold brew method
- Coffee scoop to measure the perfect amount of coffee
Supplied with everything I needed, I made the best iced coffee I’ve probably ever tasted in four simple steps.
How to Make Seattle’s Best Iced Coffee
- Add 1 cup cold water to 1.5 cups ground Seattle’s Best Coffee. Slowly add an additional 1.5 cups cold water, agitating the grounds as little as possible.
- Cover, steep at room temperature for 12 hours (this is very important!)
- Strain the coffee grounds through a filter. Store concentrate in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- To serve, add 1 part coffee concentrate to 3 parts water over ice. Enjoy your smooth tasting iced coffee with your favorite mix-ins.
I added a splash of milk and a packet of sugar and it was perfect! Watch my quick vine video here: vine.co/v/hazvAlI0Eba
The great thing about making coffee at home is not only can you add your favorite ingredients and make it your own but it’s so much more cost effective than having to leave your house and go to a coffee shop. I work at home, so leaving my house is a task during the day.