Since we eat Mexican food in our house quite often and my love for rice is never going away, we combine the two often. Rice is a staple with all of or meals but it’s a bland food unless you spice it up. The perfect spice to give rice a kick is cilantro!
If you’ve eaten at Chipotle, you’ve tried their yummy cilantro lime rice. This recipe is very similar in taste. The instant pot makes it so easy to make. It’s about 15 minutes total cooking time from start to finish. Cilantro Lime Rice is a great side to add to any meal whether it be a Mexican feast or a healthy fish dish.
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe
- 1 can vegetable broth (can substitute chicken or beef broth, if needed)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons juice of lime, divided
- Zest of one lime
- 1/2 cup of fresh chopped cilantro
- Add the broth, water, oil, 2 T of lime juice and rice in the Instant Pot.
- Lock the lid in place and push the Rice button on the Instant Pot.
- When the Instant Pot beeps, let it sit for 5 more minutes.
- After the 5 minutes have passed, quick release the pressure.
- After quick release, transfer the rice to a large bowl and fluff with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients (tablespoon of lime juice, lime zest, chopped cilantro and salt.)
- Stir well and serve.