Years ago, when The Shops at Park Lane apartments (The Heights at Park Lane) first opened, I was one of their first tenants. There was literally no one who lived there, they allowed me to move in 2 months early completely free since they were in the process of filling up the building. Months later, I decided I wanted a bigger apartment with a better view which is when I moved onto the top floor.
The apartment was great, had all the amenities that you could ever want but it was during a time that they area wasn’t built up yet. The Shops at Park Lane had barely any tenants, but they were slowly moving in – one by one. I didn’t mind the area, but it seemed to be an issue since everyone wanted to live in Uptown. Moving a few miles north was a complete terror to some people (and still is), it’s something I will never understand.
Anyways, when I moved out of the Heights at Park Lane the Shops were growing tremendously. To say I’ve been there and watched it grow from ground up is no joke. They recently announced seven new store openings which are slated to open later this year and into Spring of 2015.
Here’s a breakdown of what you can expect:
Starbucks and Zoë’s Kitchen will open in the spring of 2015 and will serve as anchors for the new community park and five-story office building, both of which are currently under construction:
- Dallas’ newest and only flagship Starbucks will have a larger footprint of 2,500 SF in a stand-alone building anchoring The Shops at Park Lane’s community park. The building will feature three sides of glass, a live “green” roof and a large patio overlooking the park. The store will feature Starbuck’s newest offerings, which are being test-marketed nationwide.
- Zoë’s Kitchen serves up simple, fresh, Mediterranean-inspired food in generous portions to satisfy customers of all ages. Zoë’s will anchor 2,700 SF of space the north end of the new community park and will feature an outdoor patio facing the park.
To serve the fitness needs of onsite employees, residents and visitors, two new fitness studios, Zynn22 and Studio 6—which opened September 15th—have both signed leases:
- Studio 6 Fitness is a Pilates studio that combines cardio and strength training with classic Pilates. Located on the upper level near Old Navy, this is Studio 6’s second location in Dallas.
- Zynn22, a new cycling/spin studio concept that will offer some high-intensity yoga classes, will occupy more than 5,500 SF and will open between Gordon Biersch and Elixir Juice Bar in late 2014.
Other Additions to The Shops at Park Lane’s growing list of tenants include:
- Bar Louie, an eclectic urban bar featuring handcrafted signature cocktails and regionally inspired American food, is expected to open in November 2014 on the upper level between Old Navy and Ulta Cosmetics.
- DXL offers one of the most extensive selections of men’s big and tall clothing and shoes. It will be located in the new development adjacent to the park, which is expected to open in March 2015.
- Unleashed by Petco is a boutique pet store that provides the same knowledge and expertise as Petco but in a unique, smaller space. The store will sell high quality everyday pet essentials in a space on the upper level of The Shops at Park Lane.
I’m so excited that The Shops at Park Lane has grown into such a popular area and look forward to the ever growing shopping mecca. Which new store opening are you most excited about?