As you all know, The State Fair can get quite expensive. Here are some ways to get around paying full price and to keep some mula in your pocket.
- Opening day, September 24th, you are able to bring a full 20 oz CokeProduct (it can even be Capri Sun or Dasani Water) for a donation to the North Texas Food Bank. This will cut your admission to only $4 per person who donates.
- $3 Tuesdays: Every Tuesday of the Fair, bring in an empty Dr. Pepper and enter for only $3.
- $2 Wednesdays: For every person that brings 3 cans of food (which is donated to food banks in the area) and enter for only $2.
- $4 Thursdays: Bring an empty 20 oz bottle of a Coke product and enter for $4.
- Like movies? Have a ticket stub from Cinemark? Use it to get in Free on Thursdays.
- Senior citizens over the age of 60 also get in free on Thursdays – sponsored by Mature Texas Magazine.
- Kiss FM Fridays at the Fair: Hop on over to Kiss FM’s site and print off a coupon for 1/2 price admission and 1/2 price rides after 5pm on Fridays.
- Members of the Museum of Nature and Science get in FREE. You should have received your vouchers already, if not give them a ring. You can still join to reap the benefits of free admission.
- Neighbors GO is giving away FREE tickets, all you have to do is register. You’re able to register every day to increase your chances. Each winner will win a family 4-pack valid all days of the fair.
- Participate in the “Cease The Grease” campaign taking place at Two Podners Restaurant. Drop off 1 liter or more of used grease or oil and receive 2 FREE tickets. (Only the Robert B. Cullum location is participating). – Examiner
- On Thursday, September 30, sport your Dickies clothing or shoes at the tent outside the admission gate and receive a voucher for FREE admission on that day.
- Every year, school districts in the area send children home with FREE admission tickets. Be sure to use and take advantage of them.
Don’t pay full price! Be sure to utilize these deals throughout the next month to save some money on admission. If you have any other great deals that should be on this list, let us know!