If you’re looking for somewhere to get SCARED out of your skin, we’ve got you covered. We have some of the very best Dallas Haunted Houses in the area. These aren’t for the faint of heart but you’re guaranteed to have a great time.
These haunted houses in Dallas are not listed in any specific order. Go down the list and be prepared to be SCARED and SPOOKED this Halloween season.
Haunted Houses in Dallas
Cutting Edge Haunted House // Fort Worth, Texas
Cutting Edge Haunted House, a Fort Worth, Texas Haunted Attraction, is a real haunted house. Cutting Edge is a dark attraction filled with terrifying live actors, amazing special effects and incredible monsters. Cutting Edge Haunted House is an intense, multi-story, multi-themed haunted attraction that is widely considered to be one of the best Haunted Houses in the nation, full of chilling detail and unbelievable scares!
Located in a 100-year-old abandoned meat packing plant in a section of Fort Worth historically dubbed as “Hell’s Half Acre,” the Cutting Edge Haunted House is built upon a foundation of fear. The meat packing equipment from the Old West is still in use, but now it is a two-story human processing area. Realistic looking human mannequins are hoisted up to the second level and brought through the entire meat packing process until the conveyor system brings the butchered corpses back to the first level. The old meat-packing plant in downtown Fort Worth is a great home for the fantastic special effects that our loyal customers have come to expect.
It takes visitors an average 55 minutes to explore Cutting Edge Haunted House. This walk-through haunted house is frighteningly realistic.
Tickets are required for entry. Reservations are limited so be sure to reserve your time early online to ensure a spot. Ticket starts at $45 each and go up depending if you want a fast pass. Parking is an additional fee so I would highly suggest riding with friends and family.
Cutting Edge Haunted House is located at 1701 E Lancaster Ave, Fort Worth, TX 76102.
Thrillvania Haunted House // Terrell, Texas
According to legend, Verdun Manor was the home of a werewolf, Baron Michael Verdun, and his vampire wife, Lady Cassandra. Herein lies the dark and twisted tale that led to the haunting of Verdun Manor and the nearly 50 acres surrounding it.
Thrillvania Haunted House Park’s Haunted Attractions Include:
- The World Famous Verdun Manor
- Cassandra’s House of Clowns
- Sam Hain’s Trail of Torment
- Thorn Hall: (May be under renovation)
- Granny Lupus’ Seance Theatre: (May be under renovation)
Plan on spending a couple hours to cover the whole entire haunted park. Purchasing tickets online is highly recommended. They are $45 online or $49 at the location. They do NOT take credit cards but do have an ATM on site so please bring cash to purchase tickets. Speedpass tickets are available.
Thrillvania Haunted House is located at 2330 County Road 138, Terrell, Texas 75161
Hatch and Kraven’s Slaughterplex // Denison, Texas
Housed in a former slaughterhouse, this walk-through haunted attraction is actor-driven, meaning that each visit includes new improvisation and interaction. General Admission tickets are $25 and fast pass admission are $35.
Hatch and Kraven’s Slaughterplex Haunted House is located at 2316 Farm to Market RD 120 Denison, TX 75021.
Coven Awakens Haunted House (Formerly Dark Hour Haunted House) // Plano, Texas
Dark Hour is a state of the art haunted attraction located in Plano, Texas. After first opening in 2013, the professional team behind this movie-quality themed attraction has been delivering intense, heart-pumping thrills and chills to many Texans and patrons from afar!
The Thirteen Witches have combined their dark powers and converged upon a sinister path, one that leads to a future plagued by perpetual darkness. The Dark Hour Coven has called upon many powerful witches, each with histories of evil that transcend time itself. The horrors stirring now within this place have commanded the attention of ancient evils…what has awakened now threatens us all. The Dark Hour Spell will plunge the world as we know it into the deepest, darkest pits of a dimension not meant for human souls. This spell requires a strength and darkness of magic that has yet to be seen. Fueled only by the cries of true fear, the pain of humanity, and the torment of human souls…the screams of the innocent will charge this spell and shall plummet us all to our doom.
Not recommended for kids age 10 and under. Tickets start at $40 for general admission.
Dark House The Coven Wakens is located at 701 Taylor Dr, Plano, TX 75074
Six Flags Fright Fest // Arlington, Texas
Six Flags Fright Fest is a seperate ticketed event from the normal admission at Six Flags. It is recommended for guests over 13 years old. There are multiple haunted houses to visit –
- Piggy’s Blood Shed – A long-forgotten roadside attraction along Route 666, this hog farm, famous for its bacon and BBQ, is open under new ownership. You may find yourself as the next blue-plate special on Piggy’s menu. Stop in to Piggy’s Blood Shed…it’s horror gone hog wild.
- Curse of Ra – When you enter through these ancient Egyptian portals you will be transported into the Valley of the Kings where the great Pharaoh Ra’s tomb is buried. There is a curse of pain and torture to any that pass through the tomb’s opening. Enter if you dare to challenge, The Curse of Ra!
- The Chamber of Torture – Step into an abandoned warehouse that is haunted by those who entered. Guest are invited into the decaying studio with displays so sick and so twisted that makes the sight of blood seem tame.
- Labsics: Classified – Alert! Alert! The mysterious bio-engineering laboratory, Labsics, has had a breakout! Creature specimens run amok in the facility, lurking and attacking from every dark corner. Rescuers, sent in to control the situation, are now, themselves, contaminated with deadly bio-toxins!
- Arania’s Murder Mansion – Legend tells of a hillside mansion home to a widow that has buried 13 husbands on the grounds of the estate. Left behind and forgotten, she is out for revenge against those that have banished her from the spotlight. Step inside Arania’s Murder Mansion – and see for yourself what lurks
- Killer Theater – Step into an abandoned theater and venture deep into the industrial underworld. Unexpected horror emerges at every turn, as grungy creatures that feed on fear lurk in the boiler room and sewer tunnels below. Don’t look back, as the only way out is further underground at this killer theater.
Tickets to the Haunted Attractions start at $34.99 and are an additional fee on top of regular admission.
Six Flags Over Texas Fright Fest is located at 2201 E Road to Six Flags St, Arlington, TX 76011.
Screams Halloween Theme Park // Waxahachie, Texas
Screams Halloween Theme Park is 5 Haunted Houses and a Whole Lot more providing the ultimate Halloween experience in the D/FW Metroplex! Each haunted house has a different theme. All 5 haunted houses, the Rottingwood Cemetery, all-new Cool Ghoul Boolevard, stage entertainment, and Scary-Oke are included in your admission price. To cut the wait times in half, there are a limited number of Fast Passes available each night. Screams is designed for ages 16+ and is not recommended for young children.
Five Haunted Houses:
- Zombie Wasteland Apocalypse: Fight to the finish survivors think you’re zombies, Zombies think you’re food… Good Luck!
- Time’s Up Maze: Enter at your own risk and take a trip through time while trying to find your way back to the here and now through this maze of terror!
- Bootlegger’s Bayou: Take a twisted trip through the bowels of awful… Travelers beware! If you get lost in the bayou, the Gutt Family will find you… and the family that slays together, stays together…
- Cursed – The Witches of Terra Mythica Castle: Take a terrifying trip in the Medieval Myths surrounding the Magdena Sisters and their evil!
- Klown in 3D: Step right up! Make all your nightmares come true with Boozo the Clown and his freakishly funny cast of zombie clowns all in 3-D
Screams Halloween Theme Park is located at 2511 FM 66, Waxahachie, TX 75167.
Hangman’s House of Terrors // Fort Worth, Texas
Hangman’s House of Horrors has been scaring DFW for over 3 decades. The legend of Hezekiah Jones, aka “The Hangman”, has now taken its place among some of the most popular haunt legends in the Lone Star State. Their location is a 100+ year old military base that was built as a helium production plant in the early 1910’s. Many believe this was only a guise and in actuality the site was used as grounds for other top secret purposes. Much of the information about “Helium Production Plant No. 1” is classified, so it all remains a mystery.
- Hangman’s House of Horrors – The main, and featured attraction is our largest, longest running, and most popular. Guaranteed to make you scream, this haunted walk through will have you wondering if these legends are folklore or legit!
- The Beauty of Horror – Make memories not nightmares with our ALL NEW, horror based, interactive art exhibit. That’s right… you and your friends and family can take interactive photos and selfies in a series of professionally prepared sets. this is all new and like nothing done at a haunted house before. Your Halloween season will be full of epic memories.
- OUTBREAK! – Zombies abound from the dark corners and hidden chasms of this smaller yet equally intense attraction. This is the perfect appetizer while you wait your turn for the big show.
Standard tickets start at $39 online. Prices may vary if you purchase at the door. Parking is an additional $10 every night.
Hangman’s House of Terrors is located at 4400 Blue Mound Rd, Fort Worth, TX 76106
Reindeer Manor // Red Oak, Texas
For 49 seasons Reindeer Manor has haunted the community of Red Oak, TX. From its humble beginnings as a multi-day haunted house put on by the Rotary Club, to the decades that followed as a month long innovative haunted house by The Boy Scouts of America Troop 1, and then to its 18 year evolution of becoming an award winning Halloween Park featuring 4 haunted houses, stage shows, games and more.
Famous for its intimidating 112 year old structure built entirely of brick and steel, it contains the rich history of the ill fated Sharp Family and their well documented paranormal activity that’s become the stuff of legend. Ticket prices start at $30.
Four Dallas Haunted Houses to visit at Reindeer Manor:
- Reindeer Manor: 2022 Theme is GHOSTS
- 13th Street Morgue: Unravel the Maybrick murders in this haunted mortuary.
- Dungeon of Doom: Immerse yourself in this 80’s inspired 3D haunted arcade game.
- The Bunker: The Bunker follows the survivors of a biochemical outbreak as they battle mutant-like creatures
Reindeer Manor Haunted House is located at 410 Houston School Rd, Red Oak, TX 75154, USA
Haunted Shadows Lake Trail // The Colony, Texas
Haunted Shadows Lake Trail is a self-guided journey of over one mile through the woods and weeds along the shore of Lake Lewisville in The Colony. The trail is a little over a mile in length.
Groups travel at various speeds, but the average time for a group to complete the trail is 40-45minutes. Of course, some are too scared to continue and ask to be escorted out. Haunted Shadows Lake Trail is able to adapt to accommodate groups with young visitors. Ask about the PG-Rated Version.
No guide. Only a Trail. Through the dark, scary woods. The wind rustling through the trees The snap of a twig from a footstep. The moon shining off the lake.The shadows that provide refuge for some UNSEEN HORROR.
Tickets are $24 + tax
Haunted Shadows Lake Trail is located an overgrown tract of trees and native grasses on the property of Blue Sky Sports Center at 7801 Main St, The Colony, TX 75056.
Purchase tickets to Haunted Shadows Lake Trail at the front desk of Blue Sky Sports Center
Moxley Manor Haunted House // Bedford, Texas
Moxley Manor Haunted House returns this fall, bringing you three haunted houses for one price! In addition to Moxley Manor, we bring you our mind blowing 3D Haunted House Big Top Terror and Regans Revenge. Voted one of DFW’s Scariest Haunted Houses in 2018 & must see Haunted House of 2019.
- Moxley Manor: Do ghosts and shadow people haunt Moxley Manor or is something truly evil breaking through our reality? Can you save your soul or will you be cursed for life?
- Big Top Terror: Step right into a new dimension of visual stimulation with holographie illusions where the clowns are larger than life. Will you hae to take off your 3-D glasses or can you survive inside without running for your life?
- Regan’s Revenge: Patients entering the asylum may experience some psychotic episodes of violence, paranoia and/or delusions. Will your diadnosis enable you to overcome your own delusional fears or will you lose your own sanity?
General admission tickets start at $35.
Moxley Manor Haunted House is located at 510 Harwood Road in Bedford, TX 76021
Junk Yard Haunted House // Dallas, Texas
The Junk Yard Haunted House is a real haunted junk yard, a dark attraction filled with live actors, special effects and nature’s monster. The previous owner made millions of dollars off his junk yard from stealing from other trash haulers and recyclers in the Oak Cliff area. Karma crept up to him and he was found hanging from his achilles tendon from a tree on his property.
This haunted junk yard takes about 15-20 minutes to go through and good for all ages 5 and up. Donations are suggested for your entry fee.
The Junk Yard Haunted House is located at 2309 Langford Street, Dallas Texas
The Parker House // Denton, Texas
The Haunted Walkthrough at The Parker House – You’ll be immersed in a situation unknown to the outside world. Completely engulfed in the murderous mayhem in which Mary Parker subjected her victims. Walk though her living quarters, combined with her torturous chambers where she felt so at home. You will experience the graveyard, where unsuspecting guests found their final resting place. As you enter into the woods, and journey though all who lurk there, you may be approached by some unsavory characters, but don’t be alarmed. They promise to make it quick….
Outbreak – Take an interactive ride around the property in our specially equipped attack vehicles. Your mission is to defeat the zombies and save the world from all the chaos created by mans failed attempts at finding a cure for the OUTBREAK virus.
You will experience many different scenes though your journey. In some, you will get to shoot with your splatter weapon in an attempt to defeat the monsters and zombies that await you. You will need to purchase specially equipped splatter balls for this mission if you want to protect the spectators you have riding with you. This can be done up on entering the park or after you have entered the ride.
The Parker House is located at 8550 West University, Denton Texas 76207
Zombie Safari // Forney, Texas
Zombie Safari Dallas is an interactive, real-time, first-person shooter experience where you get to shoot without getting shot back. This is a one of a kind adventure and it only happens in October. A true D/FW Zombie Hunt experience.
Only 20 minutes from downtown Dallas, a cover-up has escalated out of control. U.S. Military, Texas Dept. of Corrections, Texas Dept. of Public Safety, Texas Rangers, C.D.C., and Federal D.O.J failed to contain an infection at the Federal Correctional Institution in nearby Seagoville, TX.
All personnel including soldiers, officers, prisoners, and members of the cleanup crew have been INFECTED by a mutated strain of the Corona Virus. The walking dead have wandered into Cousins Paintball in Forney, TX! We need your to help stop the spread of this deadly Covid 19 virus and Delta variant. Eliminate the threat utilizing our specially outfitted Zombie Response Vehicles aka ZRV’s. Our ZRV’s are loaded with 8mm caliber guns and “special rounds” to eliminate the threat.
Hunt the Zombies and Save Our City! Become a Zombie hunter for as low as $24.99.
Zombie Safari is located at Cousins Paintball Dallas 8975 FM 740 South Forney, Texas 75126
If you’re not all about haunted houses in Dallas and want something more low key this Fall, check out our Dallas pumpkin patch suggestions.