The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
The new year brings new challenges. It’s a clean slate which can be scary. It’s a time to start fresh and re-energize yourself to accomplish the goals that you have been working towards. Like everyone else, I’ve been working on becoming a healthier me. It’s not the easiest road starting out, but the longer you work at it, the easier it gets. I have put together some simple steps that will help you make this year better than ever.
Seven steps to help achieve your New Year’s resolution
- Set attainable goals. As much as I would like to lose 10 pounds in the next week, I know it’s not realistic. Losing 10 pounds in the next few months is completely realistic and achievable.
- Make it something you really want. If you make a goal that is something you only kind of want, then it’s not going to happen. Set a goal that you can’t wait to reach.
- Make a plan. How are you going to achieve your goals? Write it out on paper and stick it somewhere that is visible.
- Make mini-goals. Instead of making a goal for the whole year, why not make a goal to achieve by the end of the day? week? month?
- Talk about it. Tell other people your goal. Let them know what you’re doing to achieve it. By talking about your goal, you are setting yourself up with a great support system and some cheerleaders that will help push you towards your goal.
- Don’t beat yourself up. New Year’s resolutions aren’t easy, so if you slip up don’t make it a big deal. Do the best you can, take one day at a time.
- Set a time line. I personally think a year is too long to set one goal. The only way to achieve this is to set many different goals. If you’re goal is to lose 50 pounds this year, you would need to break it down into many small goals. For example: month 1 would be changing diet, month 2 would be adding workouts into your routine, etc.
These steps are very simple and easy to do. Since I’m trying to be healthier, I’ve been going to the gym a lot. The gym can be an intimidating place if you don’t know what you’re doing. I was raised in a gym because I’ve played soccer all my life but still at times it’s not the most comfortable place (or maybe I just don’t want to be there).
One way I’m able to drown everything out is through music. Studies have shown that music can increase the intensity and duration of a workout by as much as 15%. Unfortunately, most people miss out on those benefits because their earphones hurt and fall out during active use. You know those ear buds that feel like their stabbing your ear drum? Those are the worst!
I recommend using yurbuds. They were founded in 2008 by an Ironman Triathlete and a 24-time marathoner in response to that problem. Yurbuds just launched a set of WIRELESS earphones! Cut the cords and unleash your inner athlete with the Inspire Limited Edition Wireless Sport Earphones. These Stereo-Bluetooth® earphones lock in place comfortably so they never hurt and never fall out. The 15mm drivers provide the biggest sound available, providing the motivation you need to never stop. These sweat and water resistant earphones feature full track & call control with a wind-blocking microphone designed for call clarity. The athlete tested battery lasts up to 6 hours and provides visual and audible indicators when running low. I’m sold. From January 19th til February 22nd, Best Buy is offering 20% yurbuds in store and online. If you aren’t in the market for some new headphones, check out other Health & Fitness at Best Buy.
Best Buy is also offering a $5 Best Buy Gift Card when you purchase a qualifying Health and Fitness product at a Best Buy Mobile Specialty Store.
Now you and I have no excuses not to crush our New Year’s Resolution. What steps do you take to make sure you achieve your New Year’s Resolution?