“The Years Go By Fast, The Days Go By Slow”
It’s still hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that I’ve been married a year. It’s a bit crazy to think about because the year has flown by. We’ve been busy traveling, remodeling our house and enjoying being kid free. I’m really enjoying this season of life and adventuring as much as possible. It’s crazy to see so many of my friends getting married for the first (or second) time and and seeing those that I grew up with having babies. I remember just a few years ago, I thought people in their 30’s were old. I can’t say that now since I’m nearing the end of my 20’s.
When Quinn and I got married, we were both on the same page. We didn’t want a big expensive wedding, we wanted a celebration. After a couple conversations, we knew instantly that we would head to the justice of the peace and have a small group of our family join us. It was so simple, so perfect, so us.
Since I like to throw parties and many people were wondering why we didn’t invite them to our ‘wedding,’ we knew we still had to have our celebration that we had talked about. We ended up having a party at our house with close friends and family. It was low key and just what we wanted. For our party, we registered at a few of our favorite places but we were a bit torn. All of the things that we needed, were large (expensive) items and there was no way we were going to put a refrigerator or $300 vacuum on our list. We added a few small items and left it at that even though, there were items that we needed more.
I never understood why there wasn’t a group buying system for weddings, birthdays or any celebration. It would just make everybody’s lives easier. Well guess what? Best Buy came our with a registry with a group gifting option! If only this was available when I was getting married!
Best Buy Group Gifting allows gift-givers to contribute any amount they want, so couples can ask for the gifts they really want and not worry about price point. Group Gifting allows couples to ask for what they really want, without asking their guests to spend more than they are comfortable with—so they can dream big.
- Curved UHD TV – Experience a greater sense of depth and see clearly from any seat in the room with this state-of-the-art curved screen. The smart remote control makes it easy to navigate and has a built-in microphone for voice commands.
- Roomba 650 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner: Use this robotic vacuum cleaner for thorough cleaning and to keep up with everyday messes. The Roomba 650 works by itself, so all you have to do to see impressive cleaning results is set the schedule or push a button.
- Smart Lock Bluetooth Keyless Home Entry: Keep your home secure with this August Smart Lock AUG-SL-GRAY, which features Bluetooth technology that lets you lock and unlock your door from your Apple® iOS or Android device. Instant invites let you give custom access to friends and family.
- Frigidaire 8-Bottle Wine Cooler: Keep a few of your favorite bottles of wine chilled inside this Frigidaire wine cooler, which features sliding chrome shelves for quick access to stored items. Simply select the appropriate temperature using the digital controls.
- LG double oven gas range: Cook delectable meals for a crowd with this range, which provides 2 ovens for a total capacity of 6.1 cu. ft. EvenJet convection technology in the lower oven circulates heat evenly to ensure worry-free baking of soufflés and more. EasyClean by LG enables a quick cleaning.
I wish Best Buy had a registry when I was getting married. You better believe I’m making a registry for my birthday to make up for it! What items would you add to the list?