There are so many things to do at Klyde Warren Park in Dallas. Nestled within the city, right above Woodall Rodgers Freeway, this park is surrounded by the Art District, Uptown, and Downtown Dallas. It is the perfect spot for a lot of different activities with just about anyone. Each day Klyde Warren Park offers different activities. Take a look at their calendar to find out more information. Here are some of the activities I enjoy at this gorgeous green space within our city.
- Food Trucks: Grab a delicious lunch any day of the week at one of the food trucks at Klyde Warren Park. Depending on which day you visit will depend on what type of food is available. Find a variety of gourmet and classic dishes with things like pizza, Greek dishes, beef tenderloin sandwiches, Coolhaus, and so much more. If you work in downtown Dallas this is a great destination for your lunch hour. Take a short walk and pick up something great to eat for lunch. Some food trucks come around during the evening hours too which would make for a unique date opportunity.
- Restaurants: In addition to the food trucks there are also restaurants at Klyde Warren Park. Take your choice from Savor Gastropub or Lark on the Park. There are also several others to choose from that are very close by.
- Exercise Classes: There are a few different ones to choose from on different days of the week. If you are looking for something to get you moving I would check out the Zumba class. There is also a Yoga Class that is offered on the Ginsberg Family Great Lawn every Sunday. If Pilates is more your style, they have a class for that too.
- Music Thursdays: Grab that someone special and head on over to Klyde Warren Park where you can enjoy some local music. You can even make a date of it by packing a picnic or swinging by one of the food trucks for a yummy hassle free dinner.
- Games: You will find a few different games to play over at the Reading and Games Courtyard. Take on some friendly competition and play a game of checkers, chess, or backgammon.
- Putting Green: You can put until your heart is content at the Klyde Warren Park any day on their putting green. Do not forget to bring your own club and balls.
- My Best Friend’s Park: Get your dog out to meet some new friends and run in the fountains at Klyde Warren Park’s dog park.
- Ping Pong: Pick up a friendly game of ping pong or fooseball on the East Lawn. There are even paddles and balls to use free of charge.
- Children’s Park: Are you looking for a way to entertain children? Look no further. The Children’s Park at Klyde Warren Park has a child sized amphitheatre and storytelling tree, playground, water fountains that transforms from a caterpillar to a butterfly.
- Croquet: The equipment is ready to be used over on the East Lawn. Gather your own opponents or join an organized game.
There are so many things to do at Klyde Warren Park. It is a wonderful place to head on out and enjoy the outdoors in the middle of the city. What type of things do you like to do at Klyde Warren Park?