I love to shop but I have realized that I always seem to buy for other people and not for myself. It’s not necessarily a bad thing but I need to learn that sometimes it’s okay to buy myself a little something. This year I’ve been wanting a new DSLR camera so bad. Although phone cameras are great, the quality doesn’t compare to what a DSLR is capable of. My husband has a DSLR for his real estate business but it was a few years old so I convinced him to get rid of it so we could upgrade.
After doing lots and lots of research, I decided to buy the Canon EOS Rebel T5i.
There were a few things to take in to account when decided which camera I was going to buy. Here are a few things I kept in mind while searching for the perfect camera.
- This was my first DSLR so I needed something that was user friendly.
- I wanted something that could grow with me. This meant I didn’t want a camera that was only for beginners.
- Being able to change out lenses was a must.
- I knew a camera was an investment so I set a budget of $1000.
When I started doing research, I started with brands. Did I want to go with the Canon or Nikon? After long reasoning and talking to my techie sister, I decided to go with the Canon. I had no idea there were so many cameras available and to be honest, after a while they all start looking and sounding the same. It took a couple weeks for me to really decide what I wanted but when it came down to it the Canon EOS Rebel T5i was just what I wanted.
Here’s why I decided to buy the Canon EOS Rebel T5i.
- Continuous autofocus while taking HD video
- The 3″ vari-angle touch screen simplifies navigation
- The Canon EOS Rebel T5i is one of the best-selling DSLRs.
- It makes advanced photography easy and fun
- Capture fast-action shots at up to 5 fps (frames per second)
- 7.5x optical zoom
- Comes with 18-135mm IS STM lens
- Features an 18.0-megapixel CMOS sensor and a DIGIC 5 image processor to ensure vivid, crystal-clear images
- Gives you exceptional image quality
- Capture Hollywood caliber full HD video
- Capture spectacular movies in full 1080p HD
Those are some of my favorite features of the Canon EOS Rebel T5i. I’m still trying to master the camera and learn to take it off of automatic before shooting, but I’m getting there! If you’re in the market to buy a new camera this season, head to Best Buy. Their camera department helped me greatly, answered a million questions I had and offered support for my camera when I needed it. Right now you can save $150 on the Canon EOS Rebel T5i at Best Buy through December 20th. Visit Best Buy to learn more.