This is my favorite time of the year for many, many reasons. One of my favorite things to do is hang out in the kitchen and bake my heart away. I love making all types of sweets for family, friends and neighbors. While some recipes are labor intensive and seem to take forever, the easy ones always seem to be the crowds favorite.
One of my go-to recipes for Christmas time is a simple holiday popcorn recipe that I like to call Christmas Crunch. It’s a fun, delicious recipe that anybody can make. You can make it on a whim for friends or have some fun in the kitchen with your kids.
Simple Christmas Crunch Recipe
- Peppermint Candy Melts
- White Candy Melts
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Green Candy Melts
- Parchment paper
- Pop your popcorn. We love, love, love our air popper! If you use pre-packaged, microwave popcorn I recommend not using the movie theater or buttered popcorn.
- Pour the popcorn in a large bowl.
- Melt the white candy melts according to the package instructions.
- Spoon the white candy melts into the bowl and gently stir to coat.
- Melt the peppermint candy melts according to package instructions.
- Spoon several large spoonfuls into the bowl and gently stir to mix.
- Spread the coated popcorn over parchment paper and add Christmas sprinkles. (You will want to move quickly!)
- Melt the green candy melts according to package instructions. Transfer to a plastic bag and cut the corner off of the bag. Squeeze the green over your popcorn.
- Add more sprinkles if you want.
- Allow to harden (it will just take a minute!)