Easter is a great time to relax and spend quality time with your family. I love Easter because it gives me a good reason bake and make extravagant desserts that I wouldn’t usually make for my self. I was sent a box full of Peeps – every kind that you can imagine. There were party cake flavored Peeps, chocolate dipped marshmallow Peeps, Chocolate Dipped Mousse Flavored Marshmallow Peeps and more. It was magical! Upon opening the box, I knew that I didn’t just want to eat the Peeps like everyone else does, I wanted to make some fun desserts with them.
I wanted to make my creation simple, but to also have a WOW affect. I know we don’t all have hours to spend in the kitchen making Easter goodies so I kept it easy. I decided to make the Peeps nest covered in chocolate.
Peeps Pretzel Nest Recipe
- 2 cups of pretzels
- 1/2 pound of white almond bark
- 8 Peeps
- Melt all of almond bark according to package. It took approximately 3 minutes for mine to be melted completely. (Be careful not to burn it!)
- Carefully drop in pretzels so they do not break.
- Stir gently with a spoon so all pretzels are covered completely.
- Using the same spoon, scoop out a cluster of pretzels approximately half the size of a fist. You can make them as big or as small as you want, but I would suggest making sure the “nest” is larger than the Peep marshmallow.
- Let the nest harden, takes only a couple minutes.
- Before it is completely hard, add the Peep marshmallow to the top and you’re done!
This Peeps Easter Egg Nest Recipe is great because you can make as much or as little as you want. It’s easy to change the recipe. If you’re wanting to add an extra touch to the nest, add a few egg candy around the Peeps.
If you need some more PEEP Inspiration, follow the board below!
Follow Betsy Mitchell’s board Peeps: Recipes, Decor, DIY on Pinterest.