I have grown to love musicals but I might have squealed when I saw The Illusionists were heading to Dallas Summer Musicals. This is the world’s best-selling touring magic show and it doesn’t surprise me that they’re making a stop in Fair Park.
This mind blowing spectacular showcases the jaw dropping talents of seven of the most incredible Illusionists on earth. The seven stars, each a master in their own field, are:
- The Manipulator, Yu Ho-Jin. Considered a rising superstar in the world of magic; Yu Ho-Jin was recently named the 2014 “Magician of the Year,” by Academy of Magical Arts and was the first Asian to win the Grand Prix at the Fédération Internationale des Sociétés Magiques, also known as the “Olympics of Magic.”
- The Anti-Conjuror, Dan Sperry. Described as Marilyn Manson meets David Copperfield, Dan combines the art of magic with the macabre and is one of the top-10 most Googled people, thanks to a legendary “America’s Got Talent” appearance.
- The Trickster, Jeff Hobson is the epitome of glamour and showmanship. Don’t be fooled by his innocent appearance; Jeff has audiences laughing long after the curtain goes down.
- The Escapologist, Andrew Basso. Italy’s star escape artist, Andrew considers Houdini his hero and is fast becoming one of the world’s most popular illusionists. He is the only person in the world to perform Houdini’s famous Water Torture Cell with absolutely no covers.
- The Inventor, Kevin James, known for innovative illusions, is an inventor, comedian and collector of the strange and unusual. Kevin is one of the most prolific inventors of magic in the world and has created some of the most celebrated illusions of the last century.
- The Warrior, Aaron Crow, a strong and silent type specializing in weapon magic, has mastered some of the most dangerous acts without saying a single word. Belgium’s international magic sensation, a first place finisher at the World Championships of Magic, uses swords, paintball guns and powerful crossbows to keep fans on the edge of their seat.
- The Futurist, Adam Trent, shatters stereotypes and brings a new generation of magic to fans fusing technology illusions, dancing and comedy with classic techniques.
The Illusionists has shattered box office records across the globe and dazzles audiences of all ages with a powerful mix of the most outrageous and astonishing acts ever to be seen on stage. This non-stop show is packed with thrilling and sophisticated magic of unprecedented proportions. The show is great for ALL ages, so make it a family night!
The Illusionists will be in Fair Park from April 7 – April 19. Single tickets, from $15-$88 (pricing subject to change), are now on sale online at www.DallasSummerMusicals.org, by phone at 1.800.514.ETIX (3849), and at The Box Office, 5959 Royal Lane, Suite 542 in Dallas, TX. Mini Packs, which allow all ticket buyers to pick 3 or more shows for as low as $55, are also available online or may be ordered by mail or in person at The Box Office and by phoning 214.346.3300. Season subscribers and other patrons who have questions about their tickets can call The Box Office at 214.691.7200.
Dallas Summer Musicals 75th Anniversary Season will continue as follows: Rodgers & Hammerstein’s CINDERELLA, June 9-21, 2015; DIRTY DANCING, June 23–July 5, 2015; and PIPPIN, July 7-19, 2015.