These 5 incredible Texas towns to visit will keep your traveling plans full this year. Take a trip to the coast or a drive down Route 66. Any of these towns will ignite your desire to get of town and visit a new place or rediscover one you have already visited. Give yourself the gift of adventure and plan your next trip in Texas with this list.
- Marfa, Texas: This little town is known for its mystery lights but it is also a great town that is full of art galleries, wineries, and museums. You can also go for a short drive from Marfa and visit Big Bend National Park. Go for a hike, bike ride, fish, and boat the river.
- Galveston, Texas: Make some memories at this historic beach side town. Get your thrills at Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier. Where you can go for a ride on the Gulf Glider swings, roller coasters, and fill up on salt water taffy. You could also visit Moody Gardens on Galveston Island. Take your pick from a variety of activities like visiting the aquarium pyramid or rain forest pyramid, take on the Sky Rail Ropes course and fly through the air on a zip line. There are also several seasonal events you can enjoy from a water park during the summer to the festival of lights in the winter. For a relaxing time you can hop on the Colonel Paddlewheel Boat and go for a cruise. Galveston is also home to some incredible museums. Visit Bishop’s Palace, an ornate Victorian castle, learn about the history of trains at the Galveston Railroad Museum, or check out the collection of historic planes at the Lone Star Flight Museum.
- Amarillo, Texas: Home to the famous Cadillac Ranch, there is a lot to see in Amarillo. Stop by the Harrington House where you can learn about the prominent Harrington family and their exquisite home. there is much to see and learn. Catch a show at the Globe-News Center for Performing Arts. Take a trip down the historically famous Route 66.
- Port Isabel, Texas: This coastal town is a great place to visit if you are looking to find sand between your toes. There are several beaches with gorgeous views for you to soak up, go boating, swimming, dolphin watching, and build sand castles. Isabel Port has a ton of community events available for everyone to enjoy. From movies at the Port Isabel Lighthouse to antique shows.
- Wimberley, Texas: This cute little town located right outside of Austin is full of neat shops, and art galleries. Take your pick of one of many bed and breakfasts where you will find all the comforts of home to extend your stay. You can also enjoy some outdoor activities along the Cypress Creek and Blanco River. Make sure you plan your trip accordingly so you do not miss out on the Wimberley Market Days outdoor market.
Do you know of any great towns in Texas? Did any of them make our list of 5 incredible Texas towns to visit? If not, please feel free to comment and add your favorite town to our list of ideas.